Wyoming Deer Area 120 or 118

Ranger1

Very Active Member
Considering putting my son in for area 120 or 118 for Wyoming with his two points. How is the public access in both of these units or do you have to go through private?

How is the size of bucks- would like to get him a 160 buck for his first one?

How is the terrain for the hunt- it is early November so if have snow should bring bucks down and be with the does.

I would go back to the drawing board as he won't draw one of the few tags they issue for 118 with 2 PPs and almost all of 120 encompasses the Wind River Indian Reservation. If he drew that tag you would be limited to a few square miles of BLM in the ne and se parts of the unit where everyone else would be with limited public ground in the unit. I'd also be lowering your standards wherever you go, as a 160" buck is not going to be easy, especially for a newbie.

Also i believe 118 is not a November hunt and i agree with TOPGUN about 120 but if your willing to pay you can hunt private and get a 160" Deer but it won't be cheap.

The G&F website shows both units as having poor public access. 118 opens on 10/15 and 120 opens on 11/1.

I have hunted 120 twice. Don't expect anything better than a 150-160 buck on the public land.We all shot nice bucks in cluding 1 non-typical buck and a 30 incher. Access is tough. You definately have to know where your going. A BLM land status map and GPS is a must. 1 of the landowners is difficult at best as he thinks he owns everything out there. He'll try and run you out of the BLM land saying it's his.

Gary

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom