wyoming deer Unit 90

abalonediver

My dad drew a unit 90 deer tag. I talked with the warden, Chris Dobbins and received some great info. I was hoping to hear from some guys that have hunted the unit before, about their thoughts. It's not a tag that people are going to draw without max points, so i figure information would not be to hard to come by. Feel free to ask for email or P.M.

Thanks for the time, Brett

I also drew that tag, any info would be appreciated. I will be hunting by myself and staying in Shoshoni.

Hunted 90 last year. Had a fun hunt, seen lots of deer.

Scouted the unit in august, following the advice of the GW, and his info is pretty accurate.

In new to the site so not sure how to PM, but when I figure it out, I would be willing to share some info with you.

Also check out the wyoming thread.

Mike,
To PM a person look to the right of their name and there is an icon that looks like a "single" envelope and that is the PM, just click on it and send the person your reply.
The one with the "double envelope" icon is for their EMAIL.

Brian
http://i48.tinypic.com/238eb6.jpg[/IMG]

Looks like we all wanted the same unit.I also have a tag.Piper&4x4,If you have any info for me that would be great.Thanks Shane.

I sure hope you guys take good notes and are willing to help out some poor flatlander next year. I have max points and I'm thinking of trying for 90 in the special draw. GOOD LUCK !! Chip

magicofmt.Family in August with my bow.Mostly scouting but i will have a bow with me.A friend that wished he put in with me wiil help on the rifle hunt.Other than that maybe a couple solo trips.Keep in touch i will let you know what i see in august. Shane.

Where you at? I'm in Billings. I'm hunting Oct 15-17, 22-24 and 27-30. See ya on the water or woods. hey 4x4 or piper, any bones for me you can throw my way on hunting? Will be scouting Aug 20-22 and again in Sept

magicofmt,Im in northern UT.I'll be out there on the 15-17.Are you going to archery hunt or just scout?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-23-10 AT 08:23AM (MST)[p]Hey Hornsoup, I was out in the area this last weekend scouting and didn't really see much. HOT!! Biggest was a young 4x4 only 22 inch wide with some garbage too. I'm only rifle hunting in Oct. Have you been out? Are you going to bowhunt this area? Anyone else been scouting this area?
See ya on the water or in the woods

I've been out 8 - 10 times scouting a good sized chunk of 90 that overlaps my antelope area and I haven't seen squat for big bucks. I think the draw odds in 90 are deceiving, not to say there aren't a few nice deer out there. Everyone in Riverton & Lander applies for 90 because its close to home and has limited pressure. When they don't draw, they hunt general season tags in the surrounding area's. The nonrezi's look at the draw odds and immediately think its a great area...

There are some great deer out there. But they are way few and far between. I just got home from a goat hunt in 67 that overlaps 90. Saw some good deer but nothing great. I have a couple of friends with have 90 tag. I've been getting e-mails from them all summer of great deer. I've even got to tag alone on a couple of 90 deer hunts and seen some great deer myself.

I have a Region E general tag. I normally hunt down south in the Green's, but am considering checking out some of the northern units near 90. Any advice?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom