Wyoming draw?

IMG_2647.jpeg

It will be interesting to see the draw stats. My son had 5 antelope points, applied for a hunt that took less than 4 to draw last year and didn’t draw.

Before the draw, I called the game biologist in the area we plan to hunt. Based on his info, winter kill wasn't bad. Since we don't plan a trip every year, and without enough points to draw in the regular draw, and with the $pecial price increase for next year, things were aligned, so we applied.

And we got drawn. General deer tag.

Meh, pretty standard.

Drew 2 cow tags, 2 doe/fawn WT, 1 pronghorn buck, 1 buck WT.

Will pick up general elk and deer.

I suppose 8 tags isn't horrific, plus 2 deer and elk in Montana.

At least nothing will conflict with the Rocky Mountain Sheep tag I'm going to draw in Arizona.

I drew a Non resident Antelope tag with 5 points a unit that took 4 last year. I may have gotten lucky as the odds were pretty low with the other 5 point applicants. I am just excited, haven't been back in that beautiful state in so long. The unit is near a couple of small towns with great food, cant wait to visit those towns as well. Happy to spend my money in the local communities when I go hunting there. Just wish I could do so more often.

Looks like points required went down from last year and it was actually easier to draw in the regular pool than special for both G and H.

Probably the last time that will ever happen with the price hike for special next year.

Looks like points required went down from last year and it was actually easier to draw in the regular pool than special for both G and H.

Probably the last time that will ever happen with the price hike for special next year.
H was still a better bet in the special this year drew out at <6 as regular was 6 but I agree G is a shocker with a full point drop… I got lucky in the special random.

128 regular max points would have been twice as good of odds then the special max point pool I put the wife in for. My luck.
Reg vs special is always the gamble. We went with the 128-1 special and it worked out for us, but we're paying the much high tag fees! Same thing with our pronghorn tags...we could have drawn it in the regular draw as the odds were 100% too with our points.

Always a gamble. Who would of thought with all the tag cuts and the forecast of higher fees, that point creep would reverse in some units.

No H with 5 points regular. Not really disappointed just wanted to see if I could draw without the special price as I’ll have many tags to fill between other states. But interesting… wonder if 6 regular won’t be enough next year now..

I am guilty of caring too much. It means the world to me that Founder gets another year in G. More than any of you will ever know.

The Other Guys. Dirty Mike and the Boys. Soup Kitchen. Makes me want to buy a used Prius…
Maybe Founder has a trick or 2 up his sleeve in the leftover draw?

No H with 5 points regular. Not really disappointed just wanted to see if I could draw without the special price as I’ll have many tags to fill between other states. But interesting… wonder if 6 regular won’t be enough next year now..
Good question, with 88 fewer tags this year in the regular draw I believe thats the only reason you didn't draw.

In 2022 1,161 people put in for H for first choice regular draw. Quota was 262 which left 899 people with no tag. In 2023 907 people put in first choice for 174 tags. So 733 people with no tag. If this stays the same I think you may be able to pull a tag this next year. Positive vibes. Also please correct me if I'm wrong. It will not hurt my feelings.

Edit: just looked up random, 2022 87 tags with 897 apps first choice, in 23 it was 57 tags with 733. Not too bad of odds....

Good question, with 88 fewer tags this year in the regular draw I believe thats the only reason you didn't draw.

In 2022 1,161 people put in for H for first choice regular draw. Quota was 262 which left 899 people with no tag. In 2023 907 people put in first choice for 174 tags. So 733 people with no tag. If this stays the same I think you may be able to pull a tag this next year. Positive vibes. Also please correct me if I'm wrong. It will not hurt my feelings.

Edit: just looked up random, 2022 87 tags with 897 apps first choice, in 23 it was 57 tags with 733. Not too bad of odds....
I liked the NR Random draw in H.

I’ll have to find out how many with 5 didn’t draw and also take in consideration that next year with the special price hike how many with 4-7 points will now enter the regular pool and compete with my 6 points.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom