Wyoming elk 100 type 1 tag

Bonecollector

Utah nonresident hunter finally drew a tag after 14 years. I'm a do it yourself hunter but looked at a lot of outfitters and different areas to hunt and it's not a slam dunk if you go with a outfitter paying up to 8000. bucks to hunt, plus all the private land and wilderness areas I decided on 100. I know it's a lot of sage and open country. I plan on bow hunt in September then go rifle if I don't get one . looking for some advice for where to start scouting if someone is familiar with the unit.

14 years of building points and not knowing what area to put in for. this was my first year I actually applied for a permit and the result came out 5 days ago. I didn't come to this website to get **** from guys like you. I thought you could get some helpful information from other hunters ?

I am sure somebody will help you out, just seems silly to me.

thanks for the reply wapitiwilly, not so smart on how I pm you.
Congratulations on the tag Bonecollector, I hope one day to draw that one also! In case you are still looking to PM Waptiti all you will need to do is hold you mouse over their icon above their name on this thread and a pop up will show up and you clip the start conversation button. Anyway good luck with the tag let us know how it goes so we can live vicariously! Hope you have a great day and some good time planning your trip.

Well lots of folks do just fine without scouting well before season.
It's a great area and some not so silly folks will help out with info.
Not huge bulls there but some really nice ones, I bet a big boy can be found.
Desert area and very open. Seeing bulls in sage that is 8 ft tall is very interesting. We saw big bulls way out in the sage under a powerline.

What an awesome tag! You are gonna love that hunt. And I don't think you will need a guide.

You will have no problem finding elk. Get in a truck or side by side and just cover ground. You'll be surprised to see more elk than antelope some days!

Start in the northwest corner of the unit and go from there.

Great unit- my son had an antelope tag in that area in 2016. Saw some real nice bulls 320 to 340 on Northeast end and then the biggest out in the middle of sage brush country at dusk going to water. Saw one herd over 100 head. Cover country and the archery hunt should be fantastic!

thanks for the info, it's going to be a crazy September bow hunting elk in Wyoming and I committed to help my hunting partner ,his wife has a early rifle elk tag on the manti September 15. hope we get her's early. he's coming with me and help me this guy is a pack mule.

HEY BLAKE, CONGRATS ON THAT TAG YOU DREW A DANDY !!!! I HAVE NOT HUNTED IT MYSELF, BUT YOU WILL GET A LOT OF HELP HERE. GOOD LUCK....HOPE YOU POP TOAD. (I WILL GET BACK TO THE DEER HUNT WE PLANNED ON SOON I HOPE)……...GOOD LUCK...………..YD.

Utah nonresident hunter finally drew a tag after 14 years. I'm a do it yourself hunter but looked at a lot of outfitters and different areas to hunt and it's not a slam dunk if you go with a outfitter paying up to 8000. bucks to hunt, plus all the private land and wilderness areas I decided on 100. I know it's a lot of sage and open country. I plan on bow hunt in September then go rifle if I don't get one . looking for some advice for where to start scouting if someone is familiar with the unit.

Yeah let’s see how you did, hopefully you shot a nice one and were able to butcher it yourself

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom