Wyoming elk unit 120

A few of those walk in areas in N and NW have very good numbers of elk. Make sure you have OnX maps or similar. If you are an archery hunter it is also productive. Try and tag out before Oct.15th when all the deer hunting starts. You will have a great hunt, a great license to have.

A few of those walk in areas in N and NW have very good numbers of elk. Make sure you have OnX maps or similar. If you are an archery hunter it is also productive. Try and tag out before Oct.15th when all the deer hunting starts. You will have a great hunt, a great license to have.
I didn’t draw it this year. I had 10 points and my buddy had 9 so we had 9.5 points in the draw. All the guys with 10 points drew but that was the cutoff. I’ll put in next year by myself with my 11 points. Just trying to get all the info on the unit I can. Might make a late summer trip over and scout it out.

I didn’t draw it this year. I had 10 points and my buddy had 9 so we had 9.5 points in the draw. All the guys with 10 points drew but that was the cutoff. I’ll put in next year by myself with my 11 points. Just trying to get all the info on the unit I can. Might make a late summer trip over and scout it out.
What quality of bull should you expect for this area? 280-300? 300-320?? 320 plus???

All of those types of bulls exist. A friend took a 330 and 2 years later his daughter took a 352 off area 120. Having said this, you will see more of the top end bulls during archery. They scatter after the rifle season begins and most guys take a 300 inch bull during the rifle season. The area has good potential and is a fun area, just try and get your bull before the deer hun begins as they flood to private then.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom