Wyoming elk unit 56

Jchristians

Hello, My father and I are planning a Wyoming elk hunt in unit 56-9 non resident license. I have the under standing that this is a really good type 1 elk hunt, and wondering what its like during the rut. My father and I have quiet a bit of done some research on this unit. just looking foe all around advise. especially if you are from that area or have hunted or going to hunt that unit if you are from that area. thank you

Not that great for archery, It is one of the only units left around Cody for general...so it gets some pressure. Type 1 is great because it is a late migratory hunt.

If you have horses and can get up into the Wilderness area you will have a good hunt with plenty of resident elk during the rut the last few weeks of September. If you are hunting on foot outside of wilderness it will be a tough hunt. The wolves and bears have been especially hard on those areas in and around Cody on all the calf elk with very low calf recruitment rates for years. There are a few good Outfitters if you decide to go that route. Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom