Wyoming elk unit 84

Mallard1123

I drew a general tag for wyoming this year! This will be my first hunt in wyoming and also first time visiting. I'm looking at a rifle hunt in unit 84. It looks like a lot of land and from what I've read a decent elk population. I see a lot of trails going through on onx but unsure if they are just hiking trails or if they allow biking or atvs. I can't seem to find a good website that states what type of trails they are. Any help is appreciated.

I drew a general tag for wyoming this year! This will be my first hunt in wyoming and also first time visiting. I'm looking at a rifle hunt in unit 84. It looks like a lot of land and from what I've read a decent elk population. I see a lot of trails going through on onx but unsure if they are just hiking trails or if they allow biking or atvs. I can't seem to find a good website that states what type of trails they are. Any help is appreciated.
Just a friendly reminder of the PM function. Try not to ruin other people’s spots. Leave the atv home for unit 84. No need for it.

If it’s a trail on ONX then it’s a foot trail. You can cross check the Bridger Teton Nat. Forest motor vehicle use map (MVUM). it will show a few trails in the area but many of those close on Sept. 10th. If you want to seriously hunt area 84 it requires horses. It receives a fair amount of resident pressure, especially in the Wilderness areas. There are becoming a fair amount of grizzlies in the area so be prepared.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom