Wyoming G deer points to split with someone

ORHunter81

I have 14 WY deer points and regret not going to G years ago and don't really see many options for better deer hunts. I may just share them with a friend or use them for a different hunt but thought it would be cool to trade for a whitetail hunt or something similar. Anyone interested?

You might want to look at 119 type 1 on the Special Draw. It’s late season and some 180 class bucks regularly taken on that area. There are some private issues but about 65% public and many times if you get some good snow the deer rut heavily down on BLM. A totally different experience than G but at least you don’t have a hunter on every ridge.

You might want to look at 119 type 1 on the Special Draw. It’s late season and some 180 class bucks regularly taken on that area. There are some private issues but about 65% public and many times if you get some good snow the deer rut heavily down on BLM. A totally different experience than G but at least you don’t have a hunter on every ridge.
Thanks for the info. I’m actually hunting elk in 64/63 starting on 11/1 so am hoping to see some deer that would be worth burning points on while I’m over there.

I have 14 WY deer points and regret not going to G years ago and don't really see many options for better deer hunts. I may just share them with a friend or use them for a different hunt but thought it would be cool to trade for a whitetail hunt or something similar. Anyone interested?
i have 100 acre whitetail in wisconsin are you still looking?

I’m in almost same boat got 12, if we combine maybe founder might have enough to go to the Greys with us . hunted next to there & got nice ones years ago

I’m in almost same boat got 12, if we combine maybe founder might have enough to go to the Greys with us . hunted next to there & got nice ones years ago
You might want to look at 119 type 1 on the Special Draw. It’s late season and some 180 class bucks regularly taken on that area. There are some private issues but about 65% public and many times if you get some good snow the deer rut heavily down on BLM. A totally different experience than G but at least a you don’t have a hunter on every ridge.
That’s an interesting situation you mentioned- has this area typically been a good bet for 180 class bucks if it snows right time & right place ?
I’m trying plan on a draw area for entry next time- 2023. I have no idea on the odds , but I’ll find out before trying. My draw entries are usually a zero in Wyoming, except I hit antelope once in a while. Thanks a lot !
Jerry Gold in Windsor, Colorado
E Mail: [email protected]

Guessing after the spring counts, draw odds are going to be drastically different this year. Quite a few deer aren't going to make it through this winter.

Guessing after the spring counts, draw odds are going to be drastically different this year. Quite a few deer aren't going to make it through this winter
Ehhh, I disagree. Really too soon to tell if the winter is going to wipe out a bunch of deer.
All the talk of potentially raising prices for nonresident tags in the future isn't going to help things.
Tags in every western state are getting harder to draw.
More hunters than ever putting in for various states, just so they can hunt mule deer every year.
Unfortunately Wyoming is on everyone's radar. (No thanks to the "what was" mule deer mecca of Colorado F'n up their deer herd).
I'm betting creep continues to rise, regardless of the effects of winter.

Last edited:
Ehhh, I disagree. Really too soon to tell if the winter is going to wipe out a bunch of deer.
All the talk of potentially raising prices for nonresident tags in the future isn't going to help things.
Tags in every western state are getting harder to draw.
More hunters than ever putting in for various states, just so they can hunt mule deer every year.
Unfortunately Wyoming is on everyone's radar. (No thanks to the what was mule deer mecca of Colorado F'n up their deer herd).
I'm betting creep continues to rise, regardless of the effects of winter.
Love your optimism but it is already happening in some areas according to a good friend with the state. Hopefully the rest of the winter is mild and I am wrong.

Love your optimism but it is already happening in some areas according to a good friend with the state. Hopefully the rest of the winter is mild and I am wrong.
Well chit! My optimism was way off. It's getting ugly, much worse than I was hoping. Animals really have had zero breaks since December, and the wintery trend isn't looking to let up anytime soon. Sucks.

Well chit! My optimism was way off. It's getting ugly, much worse than I was hoping. Animals really have had zero breaks since December, and the wintery trend isn't looking to let up anytime soon. Sucks.
Yeah this winter is going to sting for a few years. Deer and antelope are going to take massive hits. As if the weather wasn't killing enough there is an additional concern for antelope that is being publicized more in recent days - https://www.fieldandstream.com/conservation/pronghorn-disease-outbreak-wyoming/

I'm wondering if that hasn't been the cause of die offs in other areas that have been unexplained.

Do I dare ask what happened to the said point holders in this thread??? Did you guys apply in 23’? Draw? Hunt? Tag soup? Kill giants?? Fill us in! Yes, I’m always fishing for points. (Full disclosure) 🤓
I suspect a lot of unfilled tags. Did not see a lot of bragging over big G bucks killed from this past season.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom