Wyoming history

nfh

Long Time Member
So first off I hate reading books. The other day a guy let me borrow a book called MEN TO MATCH OUR MOUNTAINS by Jay Lawson. Jay is a game warden from long ago and he documented stories of people like Ernie Faler who harvested 62 rams in his lifetime.

If ya need something good to read check it out.

I'll have to check that out. I assume Ernie Faler is of the family who owned Faler's in Pinedale? They used to have quite the collection of trophies in that store before Ridley's bought them out.

I dont know. The book stated he moved to rock springs later in his life. Each person in this book is short stories but i would love to see his 52 inch wide mule deer which eneded up in a bar in Alaska which burnt down

Last edited:
I'll have to check that out. I assume Ernie Faler is of the family who owned Faler's in Pinedale? They used to have quite the collection of trophies in that store before Ridley's bought them out.
His brother Harold owned Falers in Pinedale. Harold also had a popular taxidermy business for years in Pinedale mostly ran by his brother Ralph. Many of those mounts were from the taxidermy business. They sold to Ridleys in 2007.

His brother Harold owned Falers in Pinedale. Harold also had a popular taxidermy business for years in Pinedale mostly ran by his brother Ralph. Many of those mounts were from the taxidermy business. They sold to Ridleys in 2007.
Wrong.

I think Ralph Faler did some work for me in 2012?.....is he still around? Said he'd been doing taxidermy 60+ years.....dang....

Very interesting read. I especially appreciate the author's interest in the character of each person. Oh- and how these guys and gals were so successful with such "primitive" equipment (no Creedmoors in the arsenals) :p.

Very interesting read. I especially appreciate the author's interest in the character of each person. Oh- and how these guys and gals were so successful with such "primitive" equipment (no Creedmoors in the arsenals) :p.
Some of them had creedmores...but they were the originals..found casings metal detecting to prove it..:cool:

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom