wyoming hunt question

E

Elkcrzy1

I'm just getting into archery and haven't applied in wyoming yet for archery. Am I right in understanding that once you have a limited or general license that you can buy an over the counter archery license. Then there is a seperate dates earlier that they come up with for the archery hunters? If you are unsuccesful at archery does this mean that you can hunt rifle during the rifle season? If someone could explain I'd appreciate it. Also, is it legal to shoot a bow at big gmae in Wyoming? Gary

Yes, if you draw deer tag you can purchase an archery licience for $10. This allows you to hunt with bow the month of Sept I believe. And then hunt the rifle season if you haven't filled your tag.

yes 10$ archery tag to go with your big game tag then you can hunt with a rifle or a bow during rifle season but only with a bow during bowseason there are some archery only tags for deer and elk and some areas closed to bowhunting up by jackson buffalo is the only thing i know they wont let you hunt with a bow.

Thanks you guys, I didn't finish my last question either. What I was wanting to ask is it legal in Wyoming to big game hunt from a boat? Gary

I do not know if an archery tag is $10 for non-residents, but you can hunt with a rifle during the rifle season if you do not get one with you bow. However, some general archery areas are special draw for rifle. I do not now if you can hunt big game from a boat. What kinda game do you want to hunt from a boat here is Wyoming anyway? I guess maybe whitetail off of the Platte River might work, but even then you would have to know whos land you were on.
Michael

The Archery Validation tag is $20.00 and it is good for all species you have a tag for. And yes you can use the rifle dates if you do not fill during your early bow dates. I'm still hunting on my rifle elk dates thru Dec. 31st and got to hunt during Sept. on the $20.00 bow validation! Very consumer/hunter friendly!

You've gotten good info on the archery license deal. As far as I know, a boat is considered a vehicle and it is illegal to hunt from a vehicle in Wyoming. You could use the boat to cross a river or lake and legally access land on which you could hunt. But you can not shoot from the boat (if I understand correctly). Good luck.

The reason I was asking if its ok from a boat is because we keep seeing alot of antelope near shore up at Seminoe Res. while we're fishing. Gary

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom