For Rent Horse Rentals for Utah, Wyoming, Idaho ... Anywhere

Founder

Founder Since 1999
It's that time of the year folks, time to start thinking about backcountry deer and elk hunting and figuring out how you'll be getting where you need to be for hunting success. And, how you'll haul that super buck or bull off the mountain.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals, located in Star Valley has the horses you'll need to make your hunting adventure all the more enjoyable.
Trailhead delivery is available in many areas, as well as horse trailer rental.

My personal experiences with Chad's horses have been very good and they've lugged some heavy packs into remote camps numerous times for myself and my hunting buddies.

Visit Yellowstone Horse Rentals and give Chad a call for more details. Great outfit to work with!

Call Chad at: (307) 248-3638

5.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

high_country_horse_packing-2.jpg

444.jpg

4.jpg

P7130391.JPG

Last edited:
I rented three back in 2017. I told them up front I wanted two good riders and one packer with a panier. I also told them I needed them for two days in Wyoming then to my sheep hunt in Montana. When I got there all three were ready......all the paperwork to cross state lines ect was all in an envelope if anyone asked for it. All the tack was ready and everything.

For the money you can’t beat it. It was nice not to have to be on someone I know’s horse. That way I’m not liable if one came up lame....trust me friendships can be ruined forever. Plus the horses are used to morons riding them so they don’t get all difficult when they sense you aren’t the man from snowy river. Anyway If you need horses......don’t hesitate using these guys.

A4A391A5-495E-4DC3-84CF-4A8AA754041C.jpeg

72F6258F-215F-45E1-8A0A-D2CA1AD8584C.jpeg

It's time again to start thinking about how you're going to get your gear into and out of the backcountry. Hopefully you'll need to bring a buck or bull out too.
Yellowstone Horse Rentals has got plenty of horses available, plus trailers if needed. Call Chad and see how he can help you.

Here's a photo from my hunt last year with a couple of their horses. I should’ve taken more pics.

43A91002-37EF-4137-B40C-0C1A41CED116.jpeg

It's that time! Time to get going with your scouting. But are you set for your hunts with horses? If you need to rent a couple horses, here's your connection.

Chad is usually extremely busy this time of year moving stock or helping on pack trips. If you leave him a message with what you want/need, I guarantee he will call you back once back in service. Trust me, he has plenty of horses to go around.

Any idea how far he is willing to deliver from Star Valley? Little or no details on website, was hoping someone may have discussed this with them prior.

I think if you paid his going rate he would deliver wherever you asked. I know he used to have trailer for rent too, which really helps if you like to move to different trailheads.

I’ve thought about this many times over the years. But have no experience with horses. Sure wish I did… not sure if feel comfortable?

Hunts are opening soon. Is everyone set for getting their gear into their backcountry hunting spots? If you need a horse or two or more, get in touch with Chad at Yellowstone Horse Rentals.

I would work into it slowly. Maybe have one delivered to the trailhead instead of messing with a trailer and trailering the horse. And then just lead it, not ride. I still avoid riding much of the time. I can't think of any trouble I've had riding, but I'm fine walking and let the horse carry the gear.

Saddling, loads panniers, feed options, etc., can be found online. Or I'm sure I could write up how I do it.

With a horse, you just have to give them something to eat in the mornings, during the day and evenings. Of course you also need to offer them water everyday. So there is a little babysitting that goes along with it, but it's usually not all that big of a deal.

We rented the horses a few years ago. We got 2 of them for the 3 of us. I used to be around horses a little, and rode a little growing, but in no way shape or form am I a cowboy. We learned how to use the pannier and how to pack them. We just lead them in, packing most of our gear. That was way nice. It was about 7-8 miles in, and made life easier. But I would do it again next time I draw G or H.

There might be fewer deer and elk in the mountains this year, but I'm sure many of you will be getting out there and doing a little hunting anyway. If you're in need of some horses to get you from the bottom to the tops and back, get in touch with Chad at Yellowstone Horse Rentals in Star Valley. He can set you up well.

By now most of you probably know what tags you have in Wyoming, Idaho, Utah and Montana. If you're thinking a couple horses would be nice to haul you and all your gear into the backcountry, then get in touch with Chad at Yellowstone Horse Rentals soon.

Don't forget to get your horses rented. If you're planning to do a backcountry hunt, they can sure save your back.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom