Wyoming moose area 11 hunters

Millsworks

Anyone still looking for a moose to fill your area 11 tag in Wyoming?
Saw a great bull third week of October.
Would be happy to give info on where it was seen last. Message me here if you're interested.
Not likely for me to ever draw a moose tag. Sure was a good looking bull though.
I think the season is almost out. Not many tags are given for that area and most waited for a long time to draw.
Would sure be glad to help someone if I could.

Easily filled my two Antelope tags.
Saw lots of muley bucks, but no real trophies. Was limited on how far I could hunt for the first week there because my vehicle broke down.
Hiked out and bivy camped as much as possible. But the elk we're much lower than I expected and too far from my base camp to hike to.
Hunted hard and covered lots of miles in the mountains. But end up not ever seeing a bull elk in my unit or taking a deer.
Saw some nice bulls in unit 54. Lots of decent bucks will be great ones in a couple years if they can survive that long.
Enjoyed being out there more than words can express though.
Will be back soon as I can.
The country there is the most beautiful I have ever seen. Great local people too.
Weather was pretty snowy and cold during first week of October. Second week was more pleasant and I fixed my vehicle by then. But most of the migrating elk had moved though my unit by then. There is a very small population of resident elk in that unit. But I never got in front of any bulls. I left northwest WY at the end of the third week and shot prairie dogs near Gellette for a while. Scouted a few spots for future hunts but liked that high country in the Beartooths the best for number if game and less hunting pressure. Learned alot about the area that will help hopefully on future hunts.
Had two friends that came out during the second week that both shot small mule deer bucks. They we're happy with them and that's all that matters.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom