Wyoming Moose guides

J

JimR

Anyone familiar with Ken Metzler (Wyoming Trophy Hunts) or
Kim Bright (Boulder Lake Lodge)? I'm thinking about trying to do a Moose hunt this year with one of them and looking for feedback.
Thanks,
Jim

Don't know what areas you are considering, but I might also recommend Bob Barlow out of Alpine, Wyoming. He has a good reputation, and they get a lot of good moose in several areas.

Thanks. He is one of the people I have info on. Am considering the Boulder, Dubois and Jackson areas mainly. Any thoughts about those areas?

Boulder-seen several moose up there and all have been pretty good; both sides of road going into the lakes. They like to stay lots higher than people give them credit.
Dubois-have hunted late deer hunts there several times and seen very few moose; only up around Union Pass in October and none in November in the East Fork, Horse Creek, or Dunoir areas..
Jackson-lots of moose, most up north or up the Gros Ventre. I killed one with a bow there on the late archery hunt years ago. The Tog. Pass area has some big ones on both sides of hill.

Might look at the Hoback area as I believe it to have better bulls; beware of all the pressure in Willow Creek. My friends with Wy G&F tell me they issue loads of permits in most units to maximize revenue while still keeping the average about 36". Pretty small for trophy hunters, but the big ones are there if you can hold out. Good luck.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom