Wyoming Moose

P

Prism

Like some of you, I'm thinking about cashing in my moose points this year before the tag & points all cost a lot more. I have looked back through the archives and have found some usefull info, but I'm looking for more.

I'm trying to narrow my choice down out of the following units; 27,35,36,25,24,30, & 22. I should have enough points to draw any of these units without any problem, unless everyone else tries to cash in their points as well.

I know that there is a fair amount of private in some of these units, but there's also plenty of public.

If anyone has any experience or suggestions I'd sure appreciate your help.

I'd prefer to discuss in private [email protected]

Good luck in the draws.

I cannot give you any suggestions as I am in the same boat.

I already have the check made out for 1010.00. Lotta money for a workin stiff. It'll be once in a lifetime for me.

I'm having little day fantasies of poking a decent bull with my 58 caliber smoke belcher. Right in the noggin. I'd make for a great Euro-mount.

Well, I got an information overload-not one email. That's ok though, I'm going to stick with the point program for another year or two. Who knows what a bullwinkle tag will cost in a few years. Good luck to those of you who put in.

Bummer deal on getting any advice. Sometimes thats the way it is. Try again a little later in the year. I have noticed that sometimes info comes "seasonally."

i would love to give you info.
we are in a drought of biblical proportions the land is over grazed by ranchers and if we do get snow the winter kill will be astronomical

i hunted elk from oct 15 to dec 28 and can tell you the moose are hurtin i seen around 200 moose (over the 2 and a half month period) not one worth shootin if your trophy huntin (area 26 for moose) i also hunted elk in moose area 27 seen a few cows and a couple of small bulls however area 27 can be a pain to get permission 95% private
area 36 and 40 are hit and miss ive seen some good moose but they are hard to find and it is a well hunted area

I hunted moose in area 36 this year. I sent you an e-mail if you are interested. I have to agree about the drought, probably wasn't the best year to draw, although it was a great hunt and a lot of fun.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom