Wyoming Moose

L

Lefty280

Anybody else getting jazzed for the Wyoming moose draw results, only about a week away. I've got 12 PP's and should have pretty goods odds of getting drawn

What unit did you apply for ? I have 10 points but I'm just buying another point this year. Trying to decide what to do in the future. GOOD LUCK ! Chip

Hope it wasn't for the same unit I applied for I have 10 but can't wait for results

I drew in 2002 ad took a nice bull in unit 18.Beautiful country and a great hunt.Packing out a moose 1 1/2 miles will put you thru the stress test of your life.It sure wll tell you if you got a good heart !I brought him out in 6 trips all by myself.

I applied in the combined areas 38 and 41. I have 1 point less than the maximum. I was living in Wyoming when the preference point system was started and missed the application deadline 1 year during a move. It wasn't too bad just buying a point every year when they were $10 or $15, now it's kind of expensive.

I hear ya Rem, I packed out a "small" moose by myself in Alaska, hopefully I won't have to do that again. I've already got a buddy signed up to go on the Wyoming hunt with me if I draw out.

Will be buying my 10th point this year. Should be applying instead, but already had my 2009 hunts planned going in.

Good luck in the draw!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-28-09 AT 11:04PM (MST)[p]I have 0 points and have as good a chance as Lefty of drawing 38. Drew it 5 years ago and I'm now back in the running. If you check the odds, you'll see that it will still be quite a few years before they get through all the current max point holders. That leaves approx 1500 - 1600 of us with less than max points trying to snag 2 or so random draw tags this season. Just hoping to draw again sometime in the next 20 years...

I am to old to start buying pref points again.For the cost of 10-14 years of buying points and then the cost of the license when I would draw,I can go to Newfoundland and hunt moose and don't have to wait 10 years to do it.
I guess my Wyoming moose was a once in a lifetime thing,but it was worth it!
Good luck every one .

Actually of the 4 tags last year 3 were given to those with the maximum number of points and the 4th was given to a person with 1 less than the max

I'm also just short of max points but got tired of waiting so I applyed for a unit with better odds.Hoping to get the tag & hunt moose with a bow!
David

Which 4 tags? The G&F's site inidcates they gave out 9 tags last year to max point holders and 3 more to the 1654 folks who were in the random draw...

Check the non-res information. I was a bit off, there were 3 NR tags issued and 4 applicants with 12 PP's (the same as I would have had last year) so the draw odds were 75%.

There were no NR applicants with 13 PP's.

So again I think my odds are fairly good, depending on how many NR applications there are.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-29-09 AT 03:14PM (MST)[p]Lefty280,Do you have 12 or 13 points for this year?If you have 12 you would be in the pool that had 11 last year,not the guys with 12.Hope you get the tag your after & get a great moose!
David
NR moose points going into 2009 draw
14-6
13-28
12-42
11-60
10-93

I thought Lefty280 was talking non-resident because he said the points were spendy!Good luck!!!!
David

WGF website says results will be available for moose sheep and goat monday may 4 at 8 am.Good Luck To All

Drnaln
Where did you find out the breakdown of people who are applying for the preference point draw hunts? I can't find it on the WG&F website.

LAST EDITED ON May-01-09 AT 07:59PM (MST)[p]Blueticker,I went to Wyoming web page,clicked on Hunting in left hand column & then scrolled down to Preference Points going into 2009 draw.All species are there for residents & NR.
David

I'll get my tenth point this year, I put in for 38, so I'm in the running with the other 1600 people on the random.

The results are up & no sheep or goat for me.Did draw a bull moose tag in unit 10 so I'll be hunting moose for the 1rst time!!!!
Good luck,David

No luck here, the great state of Wyoming was gracious enough to let me apply for a unit that had no licenses available. I'm not sure how that works but it SUCKS

In 2008 500 people put in for the random tag in unit 38 & there was NO random tag available!
David

They do that so you can pick up another pref point. On a side note, the application fee is appreciated. We're going broke with all the wolves...

Drnaln, think you need to look at 2008 again, Just like 2009 there was 3 ramdom tags.

>Drnaln, think you need to look
>at 2008 again, Just like
>2009 there was 3 ramdom
>tags.
We're both right!I was talking N.R. & you were talking resident.No N.R. random in 2008 or 2009!
David

I was up in Moose unit #26 over memorial weekend. I seen a ton of moose and bulls, looks good for those lucky permit holders.

Been putting in for years for 26. Getting to the point I might start to actually have a chance. I believe I have 8 or 9 points. Hopefully I can draw in the next several years before the wolfs move south by the packs!!!

Wyoming Moose Area 21?

Has anyone hunted moose in area 21 off the Hoback River? I drew and am looking to find out some info. I have went scouting three separate weekends and only a few cows..... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Wyoming Moose Area 21?

Hey jblack307 I Got a moose in area 21 last year, it is a great area. i will try to send you a PM

RE: Wyoming Moose Area 21?

Hello there! Any information would be great. I'm sweatin it pretty bad after what I've seen so far. Where did you go? You can email me at [email protected]. Look forward to talkin.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom