WYOMING PREFERENCE POINT PERIOD

YukonDall

Long Time Member
IS THE APPLICATION PERIOD FOR POINTS STILL SEPTEMBER 1ST----THE END OF OCTOBER ......NOTHING ON THE WYOM. FISH & GAME SITE ..........THANKS....YD.

Pref points only July 1 to Sept 30. You can find in the info and app booklet download. I wish WY would let you put a point as your first choice in the draw and a different choice as your second.

They do......sort of. I just put in for a elk zone that does not have enough tags to issue a random, and also has plenty of applicants with max points(I am 1 short). I then put general as my second. Works every time! I personally would like to see WY put an end to PP buying. Seems to me like it is going to cause a logjam of "Maxxers" down the road, and makess it hard to plan on drawing with so many on the sidelines.

I dont see them ending the preference point buying. It's a cash cow for the state. $50 for elk, $40 for deer, $30 for antelope, etc. Brings in lots of money. Funny thing is most people probably dont realize how much $$ it adds to ultimately getting a tag when you draw. Personally I dont mind it too much in Wyoming due to the fact they offer a percentage of tags in the "random" draw, so even those with less points at least have a chance (although small) at a tag.

I like the idea. I have just been putting my first choice as the hardest tag to draw and the hunt I want as second choice, if it makes it through the first round. Are there any deer or antelope areas that don't have any random tags that you know of? Unit 82 deer might be the only one.

In the "special" draw random here are the antelope areas that had a 0 quota in 2009

81/84/85 or go with 60 and a 1/180 chance

Deer

16/37/74/78/82/97/105/120/121/127/130/164/171

In the "regular" draw 2009 that had a 0 quota

Antelope

81/85

Deer

37/78/82/127/130

How's that?

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom