Wyoming Quotas

SS!

Long Time Member
Not official but take a look. Some interesting changes....

Type 1 antelope tags in central and eastern Wyoming appear to have taken a substantial reduction. Many Type 6 & 7 doe/fawn tags completely eliminated. Was this due to the recent storm or has it been heading this direction for the last couple years?

A bunch of the tag cuts have been needed for a few years now. Interesting to see a few units go 4pt restriction also.
Did see a new elk tag that surely is going to be a mess.

Type 1 antelope tags in central and eastern Wyoming appear to have taken a substantial reduction. Many Type 6 & 7 doe/fawn tags completely eliminated. Was this due to the recent storm or has it been heading this direction for the last couple years?
Antelope cuts almost across the board. Wish they would quit killing does and let some more babies hit the ground if numbers are still falling.

There will be no charge to hunt Wagonhound on a type 2 tag. You have to get on a list and be accompanied by a ranch employee.
It’ll be interesting to see how it all turns out but I’d be lying if I said I was optimistic about it. I’d say a busted up trophy bull or two may hit the ground.

It’ll be interesting to see how it all turns out but I’d be lying if I said I was optimistic about it. I’d say a busted up trophy bull or two may hit the ground.
An intact trophy bull could be killed by a youth hunter the way the regulations are written.

For the average price of an elk hunt these days i assure you the 9k to hunt the wagonhound would be worth it over your average 7500$ elk hunt

Really. Ill have to check that out. They must be slacking, owning half the area they should be producing monsters on every hunt

Really. Ill have to check that out. They must be slacking, owning half the area they should be producing monsters on every hunt
They don't and haven't for years. It amazes me what the average size of their elk, deer and antelope is for what they have and charge. Dax McCarty is is great guy though, I like him.

They don't and haven't for years. It amazes me what the average size of their elk, deer and antelope is for what they have and charge. Dax McCarty is is great guy though, I like him.
Looks like they harvested at least 30 bulls last fall. Their price sheet says at least 9 or 11k. So if you went with the low end at 9k they are making some serious cash.

Some nice bulls but man, I don't know if theres an elk in the unit worth 11k.....

Looks like they harvested at least 30 bulls last fall. Their price sheet says at least 9 or 11k. So if you went with the low end at 9k they are making some serious cash.

Some nice bulls but man, I don't know if theres an elk in the unit worth 11k.....
Not sure how much land they have deeded but that quarter million may not even pay the property taxes for the year.

Dang it JM that’s why they need to shoot the rag horns! To improve bull quality.

I'm betting big bulls get taken but not every one is published. I know one of their guides and he is a great guy.

The only way I would have shot about 75% of the bulls they took in 2020, is by accident...and I would smash my rifle on the nearest rock for doing so.

I don't see many bulls there worth the price they're charging.

Didn't see any pronghorn that were anything other than tag fillers.

Maybe a couple decent mule deer and whitetails.

I'm betting big bulls get taken but not every one is published. I know one of their guides and he is a great guy.
Makes sense, don't show some of the best bulls taken. Then these guys paying $9,000-11,000 will shoot all those other bulls you can find in any elk area statewide.:ROFLMAO:

Makes sense, don't show some of the best bulls taken. Then these guys paying $9,000-11,000 will shoot all those other bulls you can find in any elk area statewide.:ROFLMAO:
Pretty sure that Burns killed the biggest one they took last year and there's a picture of it in the gallery.

It appears that the G&F is proposing to eliminate the 4pt. minimum for mule deer bucks in the units along the North Fork and South Fork of the Shoshone. They were in place for 3 years straight. What should deer hunters expect in the way of buck size after the 4pt minimum is dropped? My feeling is not a darn thing. just sayin...mh

It appears that the G&F is proposing to eliminate the 4pt. minimum for mule deer bucks in the units along the North Fork and South Fork of the Shoshone. They were in place for 3 years straight. What should deer hunters expect in the way of buck size after the 4pt minimum is dropped? My feeling is not a darn thing. just sayin...mh
you're right

It only takes two years for a 4 point APR to destroy the genetics in a deer area.

Ay least that's what I have been told...:ROFLMAO:
It’s about that time for his post:

AFCF97AE-56F8-48C6-8C93-143CEC7BD6CB.png

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom