Wyoming Region G Revenge

RoadlessHunter

LAST EDITED ON Aug-18-10 AT 10:20AM (MST) by Founder (admin)[p][p align=right]Thread Views Counter....[/p]

Well this year is looking full. I have 5 tags in my pocked. My best tag is Wyoming Region G.

I hope to make up for my 2007 mistake. Opening morning found us backpacked 7 miles back in. We pushed around the ridge into our favorite spot. We call it the wall of China. The cliff runs from the top of the mountain to the bottom of the mountain. You can only cross it in two spots; the very top or in the middle, well a third spot wound be the bottom of the mountain if you're crazy.

Just before we got to the wall we heard a shot from the guided hunters, they had been racing us around the ridge all morning. We had a good vantage point so we sat down hoping the deer would come around the ridge below us. First a 25 inch point ran past, then a 20 incher than another 25 incher followed by my jaw hit the ground, a 36 inch 4X3 ?He was big and tall.? I had the trigger half pulled then boom. As I seen a deer behind the 36 incher hit the ground and start rolling. At this point I thought crap how big was that one that my dad?s buddy shot it over the 36 Incher. Not wanting two deer down on opening morning 10 miles from the truck I let the 36 incher walk. I could have shot him for about 3 minutes as he stopped and worked his way out of the basin.

Well after the buck got out of range my dad said, why didn't you shoot? I said he only had 3 on one side. He replied so he was a pig. Then we went down to see what my dad?s friend had shot. It turned out to be a 32 inch 3X4. At this point I felt a sick feeling in my stomach. When those two deer were standing next to each the one I let walk was 6 inches wider and 6 inches taller. We helped my dad?s friend gut his and the guider and his people continued around and across the wall They had shot at the big one but had missed. They took one look at the buck we had and said that's not him. Just on the other side of the wall the guided guys shot a buck that came off the top. He was a 33 inch 5x7 with a very unique rack.

Looking back we should have had my dad?s buddies 32 inch 4x3, and the 36 to 38 inch 3x4 and the 33 inch 5x7. If my dad would have continued around the hill and shot the 33 incher and I had shot the 36 incher it would have been the best opening morning ever. Instead the guider got the 33 incher and the 36 incher got away.

Latter in the hunt my dad and I still had some luck and he harvested a 30 inch 6x6 and I got a 28 inch 4 point.

[IMG]http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/525832_incher.jpg
Friends Buck

4123pauls_buck1.jpg

Dads Buck

3595p9290003.jpg

My buck

9494p9290006.jpg

My dads and mine 2007

7543wyoming_2001.jpg

my 2001 Region G buck 27 inch 4x4 long points nets 180

This year will find us back in the same camp and I am not going to let any more 36 inchers walk just because they only have 3 on one side. I hope for good weather.[/img]

I went scouting for my first tag that opens up this year. I have a cow Moose tag for the North Slope West Summit. We went scouting and only seen one cow and one bull Moose.

5279img_6566.jpg

5763img_6507.jpg

I took the kids fishing during the hot part of the day.

I hope to find a big fat cow close to the road after the season starts.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom