Wyoming Shed Season BS

pymulies

I got one for you guys that don't like the shed season. I see in Area 82 they are letting out 550 doe fawn tags (type 6 and 8) The type 6 runs Oct 1-16 and the 8 from Dec 1-Jan 31.
And here I was thinking that shed season was closed for wildlife protection/harassment issues after Jan 1. But it is ok to go out there in three feet of snow and shoot them.

Genius. Sounds like a great litigation point for any shed hunter caught in an area with open season into January.

py

Realistically, you could have up to 10-20% + of the bucks shed out by Jan. 31 in some areas. So potentially you could shoot a buck without antlers without knowing it (until you got up to it), seems like an odd time to have a deer hunt of any kind to me.

>Realistically, you could have up to
>10-20% + of the bucks
>shed out by Jan. 31
>in some areas. So potentially
>you could shoot a buck
>without antlers without knowing it
>(until you got up to
>it), seems like an odd
>time to have a deer
>hunt of any kind to
>me.

This was brought up at the season setting meeting in Green River last month. The officers in attendance said the dates will likely be changed before the final regulations come out.

[font face="verdana" color="green"]
Jake Swensen

They say the deer are over objective. Was anything mentioned in the meeting about the winter in CO and it effect on deer in 82 that may have had a rough winter?

They are full of $hit if they say the deer are over objective! I just attended the mff banquet in kemmerer and they have been doing a bunch of studies the past few years on fawn survival. I'm not positive on these numbers but I believe they collared 52 fawns and 38 of them died from a disease that was found in deer in northern cali! With that kind of fawn loss how can they be over objective? this past winter wasent very good for the sw wy deer heard anyway.
hornkiller.jpg

I don't want to get started on the shed season because there really isn't a season when 90% of the sheds have been poached well before May 1st!
hornkiller.jpg

Are these reduced price tags and if so how many can a nonresident buy? I will buy tags for wife and I will And not hunt it! The deer are not in that great of shape in 82. They will screw that unit up! it

The 500 type 6 tags are an Oct season. The type 8 tag, good until Jan 31, amounts to 50 doe/fawn whitetail good on private land only. That's a non-starter...

We should fight shed seasons on their merits; they cause more headaches than they cure.

On the bright side, with May 1st being a Sunday this year, there will be fewer guys from Utah out and about in WY... :) I've only been once, but I won't be going this year...

"Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion!" 2 Ne. 28: 24

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom