Wyoming Sheep Unit 8

MOriver

LAST EDITED ON Feb-11-19 AT 04:51AM (MST)[p]Looking for input on Wyoming Sheep Outfitters out of Unit 8. The two I have been looking into are Dustin Child/Trophy Mountain Outfitters (although I'm not entirely sure they are licensed for this unit- hopefully someone can provide clarification), Justin Wright/Mule Shoe Outfitters and Thomson Outfitters. Another i have read a little about for unit 8 is Black Diamond but their website appears to be very dated. Does anyone have experience with these outfits or suggestions on others?

Appreciate your time.

Mule Shoe Outfitters. Look at the harvest report from last year. They guided all 4 non-residents and 3 rams were taken. One of their hunters missed during the 1st week and didn't get another chance in approx. 16 more days of hunting. I know 2 residents that had the tag last year and each put in over 25 days of hunting and never got a crack, much less a seen a decent ram. All 6 rams killed were the first week of the season last year. Prepare for the hardest hunt of your life. Start training with a loaded pack now.

How many PP do you have? I know an area that if drawn with max PP can be a DIY hunt for big rams and no wilderness or grizz.

My info is dated, but I hunted with Muleshoe in 2007. I killed whopper of a ram on opening day. Justin & Cody outfit a great sheep hunt. One thing to think about Area 8, is you may only get one chance at a ram. A missed shot or blown stalk may mean going home empty handed.

I had an 8,23 NR tag in 2016 and hunted with Muleshoe. I don't know anything about those other outfitters but Justin and Sandra run a topnotch outfit and I had the hunt of a lifetime. As previously mentioned, that country is extremely rough and remote but it is absolutely gorgeous. It was about a 7 hour horesback ride just to get to their horse basecamp. From there you backpack and it took us 3 days to get to our spike sheep camp. There are no trails after the 1st day but Justin has his own routes through those mountain passes and around all the glaciers up there at 12,000? plus elevation. It is an extremely physical hunt but very rewarding once you punch your tag on your rocky!

Horniac

29933img0309.jpg

MOriver,

Just wondering how many points you have? Resident or non-resident? I have 19 non-resident points and hopefully I'm getting close to drawing soon. I have mostly been applying for Units 1-5 in recent years. I don't have any information on Unit 8.

Thanks,
Paul

LAST EDITED ON Feb-20-19 AT 03:15AM (MST)[p]You can't go wrong with Mule Shoe Outfitters but I could never recommend them morally. The owner Justin shot a big deer out of season and got caught. Had to transfer the outfitting license into his wife?s name. The details of the case makes it hard for one to forgive or forget...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom