Wyoming State Trust Lands access

highfastflyer

Very Active Member
Anybody ever had issues with all the errors on the map on the Wyoming state trust lands public access map? The site has multiple errors. One state section and adjacent BLM section (2 sections) I was looking at accessing show in Magenta colour which means adjacent public lands have public access. I contacted the easement guy at the State of Wyoming and he said yes the parcel has access via a road that is public accessible thru the BLM section in Natrona county. I then contacted BLM in Casper and he said no public access to either parcel as they are landlocked. I have sent the info. to the state guy but doubt anything will change. I then noticed one section in Carbon county shows red which means no public access and the county road runs right thru it. Be careful with that source. http://gis.statelands.wyo.gov/GIS/OSLIGIS/StateLandAccess/

I have had issue with landowners. A guy in big horn county would put no trespassing signs on public land. He would come chase people off. That has been my only personal issue

Well that guy got caught shooting 27 hawks, owls and other illegal birds. Story isn't hard to find online

Anybody ever had issues with all the errors on the map on the Wyoming state trust lands public access map? The site has multiple errors. One state section and adjacent BLM section (2 sections) I was looking at accessing show in Magenta colour which means adjacent public lands have public access. I contacted the easement guy at the State of Wyoming and he said yes the parcel has access via a road that is public accessible thru the BLM section in Natrona county. I then contacted BLM in Casper and he said no public access to either parcel as they are landlocked. I have sent the info. to the state guy but doubt anything will change. http://gis.statelands.wyo.gov/GIS/OSLIGIS/StateLandAccess/
Trying to make sure you have an exclusive spot to fly into?

OP what’s your ethical line regarding aerial spotting compared to spotlighting ?

Trying to make sure you have an exclusive spot to fly into?
More than 3 million acres of landlocked public lands we can now legally fly into and hunt same day. I know you helped in that so Thanks. I always look for accessible public lands but have found that state website has many areas listed as either legally accessible or adjacent public lands make it accessible and there IS no public access. The website has multiple errors in your County alone. Sad. Someone who doesn’t do their homework will end up with a trespassing ticket if they aren’t careful.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom