Wyoming unit 43

sisqhunter

Hunted it year before last on the Laramie River HMA and did ok. Buddy and I are headed there this year with 6 tags. There's also the Diamond Lake HMA. Anyone have info on Diamond Lake vs Laramie River HMA ? Thanks.

Flip a coin...same quality, same amount of hunters, etc.

The problem with both is that everyone hunts one or the other, and everyone has a pocket full of tags. Most cant shoot for chit and the pronghorn get skittish. Combined with the average hunter out there having a phobia of using glass and boots. The preferred hunting method by a lot of the NR crowd is drive every road that's open, hop out and blaze away every time a pronghorn is within 500-600 yards of the road. Many times, they like to film their "hunts" out there too.

It would be nice if about 80% of the roads were closed in both HMA's. Either that or make one or the other primarily walk-in only. The hunt quality has gone to complete crap in that unit.

I agree with Buzz. I hunted there with my wife a couple years ago and it was not a fun hunt for the reasons buzz pointed out. The B.S. and blatant disregard that many of the other hunters were displaying was extremely off putting. Wyoming is my favorite state to hunt and IMO that hunt is not a good example of what hunting is in Wyoming. That was my wifes first hunt, not one I would pick for her again.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom