wyoming

bene12

I posted this question in the Mule deer section as well. I Saw that Star Valley got a little dusting of snow on the Mtns. This will be my first wyoming back country hunt. Hey guys what kind of weather should I expect in the morning and nights in the middle of september in region H? Just didn't want you guys to have to come and pull my my frozen Ass off the Mtn.

Thanks
Mark

In 2002 I drew a moose tag for area 82 and the first day of October I was hunting in 8-10 inch's of snow and it was arround 20 degrees.
In September it could be anything and change by the hour.

I hunt that country every year in mid sept, either elk or deer. Worst we've had was a foot and half of snow! That was a pretty reare occurance though, and it melted with in a few days. Lows in the twentys some mornings. In general its usually pretty nice weather that time of year up there, but be preapred for the worst, cause its possible.

Last year in 135 (G just south of your location) I got snowed on every day !! Granted that was October 1st. Be prepared for the cold and you should be fine.

I'd say it'll be in the high 70's during the day and drop down to the mid 50's at night. Should be perfect weather. That's what I'd expect. As for pulling folks out, there's an entire bone pile of nonrezi's up there that no one would pull out. Even the wolves wouldn't touch'um...

We had a 27 degree night last week over in the New Fork River drainage and mid Sept last year I got my butt snowed off the mountain in Central WY. Mid Sept it can do any dang thing it pleases and the exact opposite the next day. Two days before the snow last year I was sitting in shorts drying my clothes I had washed that afternoon and sweating my butt off.

Pat C.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom