Wyoming's New Access Law

buglinbilly

Very Active Member
I understand Wyoming has a new law limiting access to some of the Western side of the state and that if you do before a certain date, you can be ticketed.

Can any of you tell me what areas that includes and the dated the access expires? I want to go out to some antelope country and take some spring landscape photos but want to make sure I am not in violation.

Thanks for your help and have a good one. BB

67925.jpg

BB,
I don't know anything about the access law changes but if you take more pictures like that one please post them so we can all enjoy. Thats a great one ! THANKS. Chip

I think what you are talking about is the shed hunting law where you cannot harass wildlife by shed hunting. I think the date is May 1st. Someone from Wyoming probably knows all about this law. If you are taking pictures of antelope, I would think you would be OK, but who knows.

I just heard that you could not access the back roads on western Wyoming until after the game headed back towards their summer range. But I have not heard a date and I also heard they ticket you if you don't adhere to the new regulation.

I want to go, but not until I know its okay or until I can read the regs.

Thanks for the help. BB

535727.jpg

The only change I know of is about shed hunting, In prior years you could hike and pick up shed horns anytime , now I understand its illegal to pick up sheds on public lands until after April 30th. Quite a few back country roads are closed until that date also, the same as in the past.

I would call someone with Wyoming fish and game. They could tell you or refer you to a Ranger in the area you are wanting to check out. I'm sure they would be more than happy to answer a short an simple question like that.

Most of Western Wyoming's wintering ranges are closed to motorized traffic and the picking up of shed antlers until May 1st. There are brown signs off the main highways and county roads that explain it, and yes they do ticket and don't take any explanations or excuses. Hope this helps. Calling for specific areas wouldn't be a bad idea. Only a week left though until you shouldn't have any problem at all.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom