X4 buck

Gollywomper

Was able to find a buck on Monday in X4. Was a tough hunt. Lots of miles with no deer. Happened across this guy on Monday afternoon. Tried to get my son on him but he could see him in the scope. Once the buck became nervous we decided I should go ahead and take him. Kid was a bit trigger happy when the dorky jumped up about 30 yards away when we were approaching where the larger buck had fallen. Thick flat timber, all moving slow and glassing carefully finally paid off. Was a great hunt shared with my son.

61BB03E2-562B-46E1-86ED-0717AB91EDC3.jpeg

A58F5ABE-C61D-4097-8A3D-2DEC2DEECDA1.jpeg

Congratulations that an awesome bucks especially in California! Congratulations to your son as well. How wide did your buck go ?

You should be able to download a score sheet with directions from the Boone & Crockett site and try scoring it yourself. I did that a few years back on a bull.
My guess is 150 ish.
If I did it correctly, I think I was on the conservative side with the measuring.
167-5/8 gross
163 after deductions.
I will have the taxidermist measure when he gets back in town.

Sweet!! Either way, that’s a great CA buck ?. Especially when your family is there. And very cool that you got a live picture of him.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom