X5B

bgh7404jas

LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-08 AT 08:26PM (MST)[p]I've drawn X5B for the first time, no idea where to go any help would be appriciated.

thanks

>LAST EDITED ON Jun-24-08
>AT 08:26 PM (MST)

>
>I've drawn X5B for the first
>time, no idea where to
>go any help would be
>appriciated.
>
>thanks

My dad had that zone two years ago. There is a reason they cut the tags, there are a few big bucks out there but nowhere near the number there used to be. One of the first bucks my dad saw was a 30" 3x3 but he thought it was too early to shoot. By the end of the hunt he was wishing he would have blasted that thing. He was holding out for one of those monsters X5b is famous for but never saw it. You will see a lot of bucks, hopefully you get a chance at one of the big old non typical 5b is known for. Some of the bucks that used to come out of there looked like dinosaurs their horns were so gnarly. Good luck!!

Good luck on your hunt this year. I will be up there hunting also for about 10 days of the season. Hunted antelope there a few years back. Good Luck.

Larry

marburg said;
"there are a few big bucks out there but nowhere near the number there used to be."
"You will see a lot of bucks"

Eh? i hope you're right. i think most of those that draw a tag in that area aren't going to see a decent buck, period. Three guys i know that hunt hard and know the area extreemly well, drew that area last year and were very disappointed. Only one got a medium sized buck. There was a couple chances between them to kill forkies but good tag or not, this is a very tough hunt due to a lack of deer.

I'll be interested in how you guys do. Hunt early and high. If it storms during the season, make sure your "out there" hunting!

Good luck!
Joey

LAST EDITED ON Jul-01-08 AT 03:40PM (MST)[p]>Don't forget to buy your OTC
>Cali Lion tag:)

R U serious, can hunt lions in cali?...

Scaddale Mt. is one of the best spots in the zone. Take smoke creek ranch road off of 395. You turn right a few miles in and it will take you back there. It is best to be about three fourths the way up the mountain about an hour before sunrise. Pick a canyon on the north face, find a draw and sit just above it and start glassing. The bucks there will move up the mountain towards the top to bed in the draws off the canyons at first light.
BigMass

LAST EDITED ON Jul-03-08 AT 06:52PM (MST)[p]Thanks guys for the advice, I will be heading up there in a couple of weeks for a scouting trip.

I was just up there last weekend calling coyotes and saw 5 bucks and 2 does in aprox. 1.5 days. 4 of the bucks I saw going into dodge res. on public land out of ravendale just before the short stretch of private land marked "dodge ranch" 2 forkys 1 18" four point and 1 dandy 4 by 3 about 29"-30" wide, not real tall though but super heavy. I also a 5 by 2 about 3 miles east of ram horn campground he was also a great buck about 26-27" wide and about 18-20 inches tall not as heavy though.
hope this helps. let me know how it turns out.

buckyT

We saw 5 but only got a shot at one, and i totally blew it at an easy 261 yard broadside shot off my knee. jerked the trigger alittle. we didn't hunt to hard though, just had a good time.
P.S. watch out for alot scorpions and red fire ants if belly crawlin'

Has anyone else been scouting X5B? Been up there three weekends and haven't seen very much. Its been hot maybe thats my problem.

>Has anyone else been scouting X5B?
> Been up there three
>weekends and haven't seen very
>much. Its been hot maybe
>thats my problem.

bucks go nocternal when its hot......

Hey good luck on your trip. We will be right above you in X3B. Been up there scouting too, but haven't seen much except for a huge bear and a couple small forkies. Hopefully the weather cools down in another week or two.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom