X6A help?

drakecoot

Hi, a buddy suggested this site to me. I drew an X6A tag for the first time and looking for any guidance with the area. I plan to head up a couple weeks before the season to scout, but its a big zone so any help on general areas/habitat types where I should focus my efforts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance and happy to share my findings as well.

There was a large burn there last year a secluded spot within there is where I would start.

I think the only main road that’s closed is between Taylorsville and Antelope Lake. We were just up that way from the Janesville side. I’d do some scouting between Doyle crossing and Milford grade. The North side of that road had some burn in it and might be a good place to look.

Thanks for the relies.

I thought that fire primarily occurred in X6b. I'll check out what I am allowed to access, according to the FS website it seems like most or all of that burn area is completely closed to all public access until next summer.

general question- Will the burn area attract nearby deer such that there is a low density deer perimeter within some miles around the burn? If the burn is effectively a big safe zone for them without hunters, wondering if I should look at the other end of the zone to find areas that dont have reduced density from being attracted to the burn/no shoot zone.

Thanks!

I was up there today and East of Antelope Lake I haven’t seen any closures. Maybe a different story Southwest of the Lake.

Dean. Holy TOLEDO. Saw 250 deer in that special field last night right at dark. AMAZING. Like going back 20 years!!!

I went up to antelope lake twice this year and there’s a ton of deer all around the south east side of the lake,seen a lot of ear tagged deer and one ok buck tagged and collared

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom