x9c

Nic

drew x9c this year. Wonder if anybody has any jumping off points. Is the North end better than the south? Thanks

The Whites are BIG country! You will need to get high up (11,000 ft +) and away from the roads . There are deer around the Barcroft Research station...Hike a mile or two away from the road, locate a High Point then sit down and glass. Good luck!

drew x9c this year. Wonder if anybody has any jumping off points. Is the North end better than the south? Thanks
You need to be more specific. North end of the Whites versus the south end, or the north end of the unit (the Whites) versus the south end of the unit (the Inyos)?

Yeah, you can hunt the deer in the Whites like you'd hunt sheep, but getting around at 11,000' + isn't much fun. You really don't have to hunt that high. There are deer in the lower elevations of both the Whites and the Inyos, and along the Owens River.

I don't bother sending pm's to new users anymore. If you're legit, send ME a pm, and I'll reply with more details.

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom