Xero A1i Pro - Not Enough Right Windage Adjustment

Kelco

I have a Hoyt RX7 bow with an Xero A1i Pro site that is attached to the picatinny rail mount. In trying to site the bow in I discovered that there is not enough right adjustment to allow me to get it sighted in. I am several inches right at 40 yds and am out of adjustment room. Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas to correct? Thanks for the help.

I haven’t used this sight but I’d be real surprised if that was your issue. How’s it shoot through paper?

It’s shooting good through paper. I’m getting it double checked. I think the 3rd axis might be off?

I think you might be running into the same challenges that affect the Mathews V3 and V3X bows where the sights are mounted right in the middle of the riser.

The quick solution for traditional pin sights would be to swap out your housing ring to something smaller in diameter thereby allowing additional windage adjustments to the right before the housing hits the bracket. This will likely necessitate a change in your peep diameter as well.

However, I don't believe this will apply in your case as your housing is fixed permanently to the bracket. To be fair, I am not familiar with the Xero A1i Pro so I could be wrong.

This is a matter of the sight manufacturers having trouble keeping up with the change in sight attachments on new bows. Is there a way for you to attach the sight on the side in a traditional manner?

Sights like the new Spot Hogg Fast Eddie XL (triple stack) come with a bracket that allows you to mount it in a variety of ways allowing for additional housing clearance. Not sure if other manufacturers are following suit just yet.

Thanks! Might be a manufacture problem to. I’ll let you know what I can figure out!
Sure thing. Keep us posted! I've been thinking of upgrading my Mathews Triax to the V3 or even the Hoyt Ventum and I've been reading up on that very issue affecting the new bows.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom