YA EVER WONDER WHAT LIES A BOTTOM OF A LAKE/RESERVOIR???

Good friend of mine lost his dad to what they figured was a heart attack while swimming at powell in 1995, they never did find his body. Suppose it won't belong before they start finding some in Powell also.

Thirty or so years ago, a couple new guys showed up on the mountain to hunt elk. Nice guys, it was a son and dad from the central valley around Modesto, CA. The son was a DEA guy, or Federal Marshall, I can't remember which. We started talking and I said I bet you have some cool stories about running drugs, crime, etc. Yup. He told me about busting a drug dude in near Modesto who supposedly had hidden several barrels of money somewhere in the delta. Woulda been kind of a cool find.

I didn't watch 'Breaking Bad' until a couple years after it had run it's course. When I did, I saw that this same guy was a consultant for the show.

"

YA EVER WONDER WHAT LIES A BOTTOM OF A LAKE/RESERVOIR??? "​

When I was a kid growing up in Colorado, one of my uncles owned an ice cream parlor on the main street of the town Dillion up in the mountains (Summit County I think). When we visited he let us go behind the counter and make our own ice cream cones !!! Every kid's dream.

Some years later (early/mid 1960's????) "they" (reference to the Yellowstone TV series) decided to build the Dillion Reservoir and flood the town of Dillion. My uncle was given a choice of $xxx bucks compensation, or water front land on Lake Dillion. He took the $xxx. That water front land he passed up would be worth multiple millions now.

I've wondered if I could don a wet suit and scuba gear that I could
find the remains of his ice cream shop.

This reminds me of those wild stories about giant man eating catfish at the bottom of Glenn Canyon. Maybe someone can finally catch one of those bigfoot catfishies :)

This reminds me of those wild stories about giant man eating catfish at the bottom of Glenn Canyon. Maybe someone can finally catch one of those bigfoot catfishies :)
Every corn toothed scab picker that lives in a dam community says that about the dam catfish at every dam.

Fyi

We just lost two boaters on Humboldt Bay. They found the swamped boat but not them. The crabs will taste a little sweeter is all.

That's terrible and I apologize.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom