Yamah TW vetrans

peakfreak

Very Active Member
I'm always looking for the next best thing or something different. I love to travel the back roads and have done it in or on most everything but a two wheeler. The Yamaha TW 225 looks fun enough with not to much power to get me killed. Any info about this bike would be great, pros and cons.

Thank you, Peakfreak

Pros easy to handle, 225cc is enough, street legal. Cons metal gas tank, blinkers, tires arent quite fat enough.

Here's my $.02 - I don't see much use for the wider tires. A narrow tire is easier to navigate through rocks, berms, etc. The TW has an odd tire size that may be hard to find. I ride a Yamaha TTR250, electric start, light and easy to ride. With minor mods I've made it street legal. The TW would be marginal for any street riding.

PEAKFREAK, YOUR QUESTION IS A VALID ONE. i HAVE NOT PERSONALLY ROAD A TW MUCH, BUT A COUPLE OF FRIENDS OF MINE HAVE THEM. THEY ARE GREAT BIKES TO RIDE TO THE FIELD AND IRRIGATE OFF OF. MABEY YOU COULD STRAP A SHED OR TWO ON THE BACK RACK, I REALLY DON'T KNOW...... LETS BUY A COUPLE AND GO SEE.... POKER SUCKS! (-$375.00)

Thanks for the input. Mabye the fat cat is the way to go or just stick to my 660 grizz. That's to bad about the -375 Elkahol you must be pissed. See you tomarrow at the rack center.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom