Year older......still haven't learned

kilowatt

Been awake since 3am with a headache and upset stomach. Should remember not to mix after dinner chocolate pie with Bourbon.

Oh well, that's life and won't happen again hopefully for another year.

Left the Restaurant where my sister took the wife and I for dinner, went to a local Indian Establishment for a little fun. I came home even, they lost 200 each.

Going to have lunch today with some of my hunting cronies and then relax tonight. LOL

Brian

Always a kid at heart. That's the most important thing.

I won't tell anyone you're 65 and now qualify for Medicare.:)

Happy birthday Brian!

Eel

Happy birthday Brian, I do not believe you are 65 as eelgrass states. He is noted for jabbing with a sharp stick. I will have the honors in several months, and if eelgrass lies and tells everyone that I am 65, he is going to be ducking some 45 cal bullets. But, if I remember certain things correctly, you are senior citizen status like me.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU OLD FART!!!!!!!!

RELH

RELH, do the math. Brian was working for PG&E at the time they got a patent on the telephone pole.:)

Eel

HEY kilo!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

TOO MUCH FUN,WHATS THAT MEAN???

PATENT ON THE TELEPHONE POLE,LOL!!!

THE ONLY bobcat!!!

Big Brian,

Happy Birthday Sir.
Heavy on the Sir.
Wan't you'r hat back ??......

Can't have it.
Hope you have a Great one, and about 364 more
following it.
fyi
lrv

Well thanks for the best wishes, and I do feel a lot better now than I did this early AM.
Eelgrass likes to rib me whenever he can about the age, but remember one thing Steve, you are only 5 years behind me and will be there sooner than you want. LOL
RELH, Bob you are right, only a few months separate our ages but then who is counting right?
Bessy, the fun was a little "one arm bandit" action for awhile, I won, the wife and my sister were the losers. LOL Don't do it that often anymore, got to keep the money for my hunting trips.
lve,
Larry, I'm glad you like that hat at least it fits you better than me.

Thanks again for the b/d wishes and I plan on staying around a lot longer and keep going each year. Wishing all of you the best this year too on your hunts no matter where they are located.
Steve, like I said before, no matter where you go I will find you and leave my calling card. LMAO

Brian

I like to rib Brian about his age because I'm actually jealous that he's retired and I'm still working. Now that I know Bobs age, look out!:)

Steve

Happy Birthday!! (Sorry it's late!) Where do I send the Depends and Geritol to?
Eric

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Eric,
Send them to Steve, will need them before I do. Now if you have any Olympia left over, I would appreciate that though. LOL

Brian

I do have some Oly left over but they are in my collection and have specific dates and markings. I might have a couple cases of Hamms or Pabst in my barn that you can have. They are at least 4 years old and should be yuuuuuummmy!

Eric

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Hey a late happy birthday to you Brian. There's two ways to tell when you are getting old but I can't remember them.

PB,
I'll past on that Hamm's & Pasbt, never care for either of them.
Now back in the 50's when I was drinking beer like it was water, the main Beer for the night was Oly & Lucky Lager (RedCross). Gee, I can still remember buying a CASE of either beer for $5.00 and some times could get it for $4.80 a case.
Even switched to Burgermeister beer in the QUART BOTTLES and saved them. Then would go back if it wasn't 2AM and cash the 10 bottles in for 5 cents a bottle, and get a FREE quart of beer to finish off the night. LOL

Gee, I feel like I am "Lost in the 50's Tonight"....LMAO

Brian

"OLY" I have'n heard anyone mention Oly for decades. Then "Pabst" you guys must be a couple of old army vets that got sloused in the PX on weekends. couldn't find Oly on the east coast posts and had to switch to Pabst Blue Ribbon.
As for you Eelgrass, you just better forget how old I am or there will be a major conspiracy to fix you right up. I love it when Brian mentioned you are still working for your beans. Don't worry, liberation is just appearing on the sunrise, and you will be there in retirement to join us happy campers.

RELH
Just maybe I can get Bess from shooting at me and start popping some 50 cal. rounds at eelgrass for failing to respect his elders.

RELH, I just checked your "user profile".......

retired law enforcement, part time gunsmith and department armour. Ex-competition shooter and SWATT sniper.

Please accept my sincere apology concerning the comments I made earlier about your age. WHAT WAS I THINKIN???? :)

Eel

Kilowatt I hate to break it to you but Hamms, Oly, Pabst, Schmidt, and many others were the exact same formula. It was called "HOPS" which stood for Hamms, Oly, Pabst and Schmidt. All we did was switch packaging on the fly and kept on running the same old stuff. When Miller bought us we included Old Milwaukee, Milwukees Best and a bunch of their "B" beers to the same "HOPS" formula. Luck Lager was a sligh variation of that formula but not much.
Eric

deerline.gif

Eric,

Guess that blows my idea of a good beer, but I think back then I could still taste a difference between Oly & LL. When I was in Vietnam back in the early 60's there was a single pallet of Olympia Beer and I used my ration for the month and bought 6 cases of Oly. What a let down, didn't even taste the same as it had when I was drinking it back in late 50's at home.
Hell, I couldn't even pass it off on the "black market" to the locals, all they wanted was Budweiser.

I'll look through one of my Albums here and look for the picture I had taken of the wife and I at the Oly tasting room there in 1972.

Brian

Brian;

while you were at the Oly brewery, did you stop in at the Falls Restaurant and have the lobster. If you did not,you missed a great meal.

RELH

Brian,

Belated happy birthday!

In the 70's Coors was our beer and we all pooled our money and we could get a case on sale for $5.25, ice for $.59 and make a funky cooler out of the cardboard box. It was way gone before the beer got warm.

Ed

46126cf048b9de7f.jpg

RELH,
Bob I never heard about that place sure would like to have known back then. But I went out of my way back in 1986 on the way home from the World's Fair in BC.
Went to a small place s/e out of Portland called Estacada and ate at the Sportmans' Rest. there, had read some years before about the place as being owned by a Hunter and the place was filled with Full mounts and wall mounts, quite a place.

Ed,
I remember when we were still in school, under age of course, and on Fri & Sat nights would stop at a local Ice Plant right on the main street and buy a 25# block of ice and I had a gunny sack that we put it in and would smash it against the sidewalk and then pore the ice over the been in a large old Coke Cola metal ice chest. We always had COLD beer.

Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom