Yeti distances themselves from NRA

I just read that this morning. I started buying their stuff last fall. It really is great but F### 'em, I should have bought Pelican or some other brand.

I gotta disagree with NRA on this one.

Without any details the NRA has decided to shame an American manufacturer. No reason is given specifically by yeti or NRA for the change in business practices but the NRA feels it necessary to publicly shame someone when they disagree and change a previous business arrangement.
I've chosen not to do business with people before and people and companies have chosen not to do business with me. At no point did I decide I needed to try and internet shame them. It's just business. Has it occurred to anybody at the NRA that Yeti had done business with them and decided it wasn't profitable?

LAST EDITED ON Apr-22-18 AT 05:36PM (MST)[p]>I gotta disagree with NRA on
>this one.
>
>Without any details the NRA has
>decided to shame an American
>manufacturer. No reason is
>given specifically by yeti or
>NRA for the change in
>business practices but the NRA
>feels it necessary to publicly
>shame someone when they disagree
>and change a previous business
>arrangement.
>I've chosen not to do business
>with people before and people
>and companies have chosen not
>to do business with me.
> At no point did
>I decide I needed to
>try and internet shame them.
> It's just business.
>Has it occurred to anybody
>at the NRA that Yeti
>had done business with them
>and decided it wasn't profitable?
>
Has Yeti made an announcement? If Yeti dropped the NRA for another reason (e.g., lack of profit), then they have a PR issue since they have done a terrible job of communicating this to it's customer base.

The only reason there is a PR issue is because one of the involved parties,NRA, decided to internet shame them.

Do you have a PR problem if you decide not to spend money with a company anymore? Not if that company knows how to behave like a professional.

What does this tell other companies that may be interested in doing business with the NRA. I guarantee what it tells my business. It tells me if I decide to do business with the NRA and then decide it wasn't good or profitable for my business I have to worry about being publicly shamed by them. No thanks. I'll avoid that altogether. I am a professional. I expect to do business with people who can behave like professionals. This is a PR problem for the NRA. Not Yeti.

Pretty sure Yeti has a PR problem. If they had a non-anti reason for cutting ties, they are stupid for not stating so.

Have you seen how many yeti commercials are on outdoor channels? Have you seen how many hunting shows with firearms they sponser? And you read one sour grapes letter from the NRA and you logically assume they are anti?????????

If you decide not to buy Yeti you must then be against cold food and drinks, right?

Are you trying to make my point Tristate? A large portion of their customers are hunters/fisherman and a fair number of them are pro NRA. So the fact that they have not stated why they will no longer work with the NRA is exactly why they have a PR issue. Do a quick search on the web and then tell me that they don't have a PR problem. Time to hire a good PR firm.

After all these years, this is my first back and forth with Tristate. I guess I finally fell for his trap. To be honest I can't figure him out. Some of his arguments, as crazy as they are, are actually based on economic principles. In other cases, he just comes off as bat $hit crazy. For an uneducated man, he seems somewhat intelligent.

Sierra, do you want to talk sh!t about each other or do you want to have a conversation. I can do either.

1. DO you have any clue in the slightest what their business arrangement was? NO you don't.
2. Do you have any clue whatsoever what Yeti told the NRA they wouldn't do? No you don't.
3. Do you have the slightest clue why Yeti changed any business arrangement with the NRA? No you don't.
4. Did the NRA explain to you in the slightest detail why Yeti changed it's business practices? No they didn't. In fact they admitted they don't know why in the letter.
5. Are you a stupid internet tool that the NRA can direct your childish emotions with a gossip letter? Yes, you were this time.
6. Is the NRA trying to scare businesses into making them believe they will internet shame them if they decide to not do business with them. Sure looks that way to me. That's highly unprofessional.

By in large I think hunters are intelligent professional people. I don't think they fall for this herd mentality of internet boycotts and extortion through digital media gossip. So just because you can look on the internet and find 200 people posting childish twoots on their googlers doesn't mean someone has a PR problem. People are figuring out THE WEB HAS NO CREDIBILITY. Its time you learned it. I have a guy who smears my company name all over the internet that I caught shoplifting. Hasn't hurt my business a bit. He still gets to write whatever he wants and if people are stupid enough to fall for it then so be it.

You want to know another fact you left out of this. THE NRA CAN GO TO A STORE AND BUY A YETI COOLER AND GIVE IT AWAY AT THEIR FUNDRAISERS IF THEY WANT. Just like any other American. Nothing stopping them. So why are they complaining.

Tri, Just stick to posting picture of your wanna be girlfriends animals and never respond under a different name. At least we know from that you are not totally bat chit crazy. Just Crazy!

The article that NMPaul posted has a link to Yeti at the bottom. I suppose someone could contact Yeti and ask them. If I cared, I would.

97172deliverancebanjo.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-18 AT 08:29AM (MST)[p]Eelgrass,

Excellent post. Go to the source. I just wish NRA foundation would have posted a place to contact them also. But like they said in the letter this is about "power" and the purpose of the letter is to control, not actually think about differing opinions or business practices.

Robiland,

I own you.

I don't disagree with a lot of the points that you listed. But that has nothing to do with their PR problem. My point is that they should have addressed this already. I wouldn't be surprised if they release a statement today coming up with some reason for backing away from the NRA. But given the timing, it's fair to question their real motive for doing so.

"But given the timing, it's fair to question their real motive for doing so."

I think its fair to question if you go to the sources of the business deal. That means either the NRA or Yeti. I don't believe it is fair, proper, or professional to ask questions about it on an internet gossip forum, twitter, facebook, snapchat, ect.. I believe eelgrass had a great response when stating if a person has a question they should ask Yeti.

Basicly I look at their "PR problem" to be an issue with people who don't know how to make decisions, or not, based upon gossip which holds no credibility. When that "problem" has occurred here it gets ignored. I don't desire to do business with people like that anyway.

So you don't live in the real world. PR is often about perception, not about what people ?should? think.

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-23-18
>AT 08:29?AM (MST)

>
>Eelgrass,
>
>Excellent post. Go to the
>source. I just wish
>NRA foundation would have posted
>a place to contact them
>also. But like they
>said in the letter this
>is about "power" and the
>purpose of the letter is
>to control, not actually think
>about differing opinions or business
>practices.
>
>Robiland,
>
>I own you.

HMMM, interesting. I had no idea you owned me? What am I worth? I hope a lot of money. I know my wife knows how much I am worth dead and that makes me nervous. BLAMMM!

Looks like Yeti finally released their PR statement. It will be interesting to see if they back it up with a lawsuit against the NRA. If they are telling the truth, they have a right to be pissed. Or it could just be damage control.

Eitherway, they were slow to respond and are in full PR crisis mode. Even though Tristate says that they don't have a PR issue. I have a feeling Yeti would disagree with Tristate at this point. This has hit the national press and is all over the web.

The internet isn't the "real world".

The real world is a bunch of internet wankers sitting around hating one company because they can't afford their product or whatever baseless illogical reason they can come up with, relishing the negative hearsay some other person, company, or entity can dredge up out of the gutter about them. I have news for you. The company already knows you're not a customer so they are going to expend as little energy, money, and time trying to change what people think who are already living in a digital fantasy that they can't tell isn't reality.

Sierra,

How much money have you spent with Yeti in the past? Be honest.

There are 2 sides to every story. I cant believe corporate America has stoop to social media shamming. If a company chooses not to do business with me I am not going to blast them on social media. I am a long time Life Member of the NRA and right now are ashamed to be so. I guess that is the new norm. Throw crap on one another on the internet and stand back while all of us internet judge jury and executioner roast them at the stake. I have said all along that the internet will be the ruination of the world.

>Sierra,
>
>How do you measure "full PR
>crisis mode"? How is
>that determined? Is that
>a technical term?

Ray, this guy is tedious.

Walmart coolers. Not trying to be an A55 but walmart is very clear they don't agree with the second amendment, so supporting them is no different. I think yeti's price point sucks but the NRA isn't the godsend people make it out to be. That little Hottie Dana Loach comes with a big price and your paying for their headquarters. The Dallas safari club was part of that vendor special as well. I haven't heard them pissin and moanin. The NRA is mad they stopped giving them free coolers. So now what do they do act like the left BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT. People were very quick to jump down yeti's throat before hearing facts. And it appears the NRA lied in their statement.

"We don't have a gun problem we have prescription drug problem."

I agree with Sierra in post #3 above.
RTIC coolers. Similar (OR BETTER) quality, lower prices and not anti. About half the price when I bought my RTIC IIRC.

Well over 100 companies got the same letter including a very large Org you are all familiar with, yet only one turned it into an anti 2nd amendment issue.

congratulations NRA

>Well over 100 companies got the
>same letter including a very
>large Org you are all
>familiar with, yet only one
>turned it into an anti
>2nd amendment issue.
>
>congratulations NRA
What organizations might that be?Maybe some that might be familiar to us in the hunting community?Say RMEF.They hold banquets and raffle stuff like fancy ice chests.Maybe someone from RMEF could chime in and tell us if Yeti has ever been involved with them and what their current status is.

Yeti doesn't give me free stuff or discounts on customized coolers. They must hate white people.

I'll never use yeti again. Tupperware makes a cooler that can turn water into ice without electricity and only costs 34 cents.

That letter Marion Hammer sent out raises all sorts of red flags to me, and could even be considered slanderous.

Yeti was slow to respond and their one reponse was brief, but I still think way too many are going off the deep end over this. I'm not about to go blowing up any expensive equipment over a viral letter from some hot-headed former representative of any organization.

The NRA seems to be backing her statements and have done nothing to change their perceived stance on the situation, and Yeti has been strangely silent.

I'm gonna wait it out a little before I make my final verdict on the accused situation, but in the mean time, this accusation does put a freeze on my spending towards Yeti products; and there are a couple of products I've been considering.

Then again, this might be a great time to get great deals on used coolers...;-)

I agree with everyone who is saying that no one knows exactly why yeti is distancing themselves. This doesn't mean that Yeti is anti-NRA.

However, I will never buy a yeti cooler for multiple reasons.
1. Having one out in the open is just asking for someone to take it.
2. The RTIC brand does work just as well and they cost less.
3. I have other thing I would like to spend my money on than a cooler

Holly

>I agree with everyone who is
>saying that no one knows
>exactly why yeti is distancing
>themselves. This doesn't mean that
>Yeti is anti-NRA.
>
>However, I will never buy a
>yeti cooler for multiple reasons.
>
>1. Having one out in the
>open is just asking for
>someone to take it.
>2. The RTIC brand does work
>just as well and they
>cost less.
>3. I have other thing I
>would like to spend my
>money on than a cooler
>
>
>Holly

Hey Holly!

You got any Field Pics?

It Ain't Easy being Me!:D:D:D

I don't own any Yeti coolers, cost prohibited. My personal opinion is Yeti made a business decision based on their own reasons. Happens all the time in the business world. Feeling a little butt hurt and in damage control over recent national events including the loss of several sponsors, NRA decides to bash Yeti using social media bullying that also appears to be a warning to other sponsers/business associates. Something that I don't see happen in the quasi ethical business world. Looks like their plan is working by the uproar.

Posted this in the other Yeti thread Frontrange.

Something I pulled off another site. Take it for what it's worth.

Re: Yeti
PostTue Apr 24, 2018 10:41 pm

Yeti really put their "Bigfoot" in it this time.
I am a committee member for the local chapter of my states FNRA banquet.
We were told two weeks ago that the NRA had been officially notified that the Yeti company would no longer be continuing their promotional products relationship with the NRA Foundation.

At that time, there was no mention of a "change in programs".
There was likewise no mention of any other organization/company that were also being dropped from similar branded promotional programs.

It was a full two weeks before the Yeti company decided to issue a "rebuttal" to the NRA's version of the events.
I emailed the Yeti corporate offices asking for clarification regarding this matter more than two weeks ago. I have yet to receive a reply.

Forgive me if I smell panic at Yeti.

#livelikezac

Two minutes on the internet will get you the reason Yeti canceled the order from the NRA legislative group and copies of the form letter canceling the vendor program and asking all members to stop using trademarked mtl.

Until some group that is better than the NRA to fight for our 2nd Amendment rights (and nothing will be able to replace their political clout) we as consumers need to stand behind the NRA.

The right has always capitulated and appeased the left and their media. Look what has got us. Fighting back financially is the only way to not get run over.

I believe the NRA does really great lobbying for gun rights. After this there is no way in hell I would do business with them. This was internet shaming and borders on extortion. I can't count on these people to behave as professionals.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-27-18 AT 05:53PM (MST)[p]In my opinion, the past president of the NRA was wrong with her initial press release, and wrong to continue down the road to trash Yeti.

50+ orders from political orgs have been canceled by the Yeti custom shop since they instituted their rule in 2016. Complaints on the Internet...one; the NRA.

300+ orgs got the vendor program termination letter. Complaints on the Internet....one; the NRA.

I dont care about the fight Yeti and the NRA are having. There are two things that matter to me right now.

1. I want to use a cooler company that supports the 2nd Amendment and that includes the NRA.
2. Equally important to me is that they must be MADE IN AMERICA.

Yeti is not made in America and for some reason that I dont care are no longer supporting the NRA. I have no use for them.
RTIC is not made in America. Not on my list.

Pelican, Kong, Orca, Bison and many others are made in America and support the second Amendment.

Fatrooster.

If you look at the Yeti FB posts right before they fired the NRA, you will see the Left hammering Yeti about being associated with the NRA. Yeti is trying to cover their ass with their statement.

>If you look at the Yeti
>FB posts right before they
>fired the NRA, you will
>see the Left hammering Yeti
>about being associated with the
>NRA. Yeti is trying
>to cover their ass with
>their statement.

Just as plain as the nose on my face!

#livelikezac

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back