You taking the shot?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
First of all, is he big enough? And, he’s 400 yards out and you have one chance….16 seconds to hit the dirt, take aim, and get it done.
Would you? Could you?

Unit I normally hunt you wouldn’t pass that buck so yeah he’s a taker. And 400’s a chip shot any more. I had about the same amount of time to shoot my bear a couple weeks ago and he was 492

Yes, he's big enough. Could I? Probably not in 16 seconds from standing to prone and pulling the trigger. If I was already prone and knew he was around, just hadn't found him yet, yes,

But I'm with Rman. Not a shot presented I was comfortable with. And based on the 16 second video, that deer is calm, has no idea I'm there, and will likely give a better shot angle.

BTW Founder, been doing some scouting? :)

Yes, he's big enough. Could I? Probably not in 16 seconds from standing to prone and pulling the trigger. If I was already prone and knew he was around, just hadn't found him yet, yes,

But I'm with Rman. Not a shot presented I was comfortable with. And based on the 16 second video, that deer is calm, has no idea I'm there, and will likely give a better shot angle.

BTW Founder, been doing some scouting? :)
Not yet, but the mind is on it.

400 is too far for me , but he is calm and feeding so i would get closer. but he's not big enough anyway. i'd look for his friends instead.

Depends on where the tag is if he's big enough. no I wouldn't shoot him in the butt that's just not right.

Not the buck I'm after and no shot I'd be comfortable with at 400 in 16 seconds. And where I hunt and live the wind would likely be blowing about 40 mph.

I'm with Founder. I already did a little scouting and am ready for the real summer scouting fun to begin.

Depends on the unit, for sure. But, if so:

Rifle, yes
Muzzy, not with my equipment
Archery, I’m sure it’ll be a chip shot someday

No shot for me! I am embarrassed to admit that I have shot 1 deer & 1 elk at a similar angle, , , , , and at a much, much shorter distance on both. It took about 4 hours to find the deer and I never found the elk. Both times I thought this is going to be "too easy"! Both events were clearly my fault.
Experience has taught me to pass on all but the "perfect" shot.
Nothing worse than hitting, and losing, an animal that I could have tagged had I just been a little more patient.
Just sayin, , , , !

I wouldn't want to take that shot at 100 yards. He needs to turn just a little bit more for my comfort level.

I guess you could pull off the neck shot, but I wouldn't want to do that, personally.

Give me just a slight more turn, and it's game on.

Yes, he's big enough.

I wouldn’t need to hit the dirt, cuz my bi pod is built different than most. With that said it would be a hard pass for me and my 6.5 CM. Not enough of the boiler room exposed. Great Buck founder.

E1464B16-8202-4082-9C3D-E096460D6F08.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom