Young Residents???

Mooretitan

Just wondering how the younger generation (20-30) who are residents of western states able to afford the housing right now. I would image that if the mass increase in housing at all levels and the generally lower salaries that this age group has to taking a beating when it come to rent and home ownership.

Very basic/older homes are priced over $300,000.
Anyways I have looked at places and I am shocked at the cost. Now someone moving in from out of state that made lots of money selling there home might be able to make it. But what about the locals

Getting sad

My family is house vs other necessities. House wins and they are learning to prioritize. So don't forget the spike in ihome loan interest rates too.

It’s a sad sad current state of affairs for the younger generation of brimmerz/ influencers and up and coming Mule Deer Guides/ Red hat spotters, true Muley freaks and so forth looking to get into a first home. Some times moms basement, some drippy fresh camo and a lifted brocoma paired with a PS5 and some Vortex optics is about where you peak in life.
Best of luck in the draws ✍️

IMG_5927.jpeg

It’s a sad sad current state of affairs for the younger generation of brimmerz/ influencers and up and coming Mule Deer Guides/ Red hat spotters, true Muley freaks and so forth looking to get into a first home. Some times moms basement, some drippy fresh camo and a lifted brocoma paired with a PS5 and some Vortex optics is about where you peak in life.
Best of luck in the draws ✍️

View attachment 110771
Young Bess

I thought my house was ridiculous when I bought it at 21 but sure glad I bought it then. I'm 29 now. Definitely wanting a house with a different layout if interest rates would ever drop. Wyoming fills a house up pretty quick ??. I guess until the interest rates drop I'll spend that money on hunts!

Just wondering how the younger generation (20-30) who are residents of western states able to afford the housing right now. I would image that if the mass increase in housing at all levels and the generally lower salaries that this age group has to taking a beating when it come to rent and home ownership.

Very basic/older homes are priced over $300,000.
Anyways I have looked at places and I am shocked at the cost. Now someone moving in from out of state that made lots of money selling there home might be able to make it. But what about the locals

Getting sad
Sadly it is a situation that really affects the kids of these 20-30 yr old house buyers.
Usually both parents must work to afford the mortgage AND day care for the little ones.
The little kids just get handed back and forth instead of getting to be at home in a nice stable environment being influenced by Mom and Dad.
Instead they hear/see/learn all sorts of stuff at too early of an age that just leads in a downward spiral to the next generation.
How else do you think we ended up with ‘media influencers’ in our precious hunting/fishing world? Haha
That is my .02 at least.

Sadly it is a situation that really affects the kids of these 20-30 yr old house buyers.
Usually both parents must work to afford the mortgage AND day care for the little ones.
The little kids just get handed back and forth instead of getting to be at home in a nice stable environment being influenced by Mom and Dad.
Instead they hear/see/learn all sorts of stuff at too early of an age that just leads in a downward spiral to the next generation.
All part of the plan since the 60’s. Just getting closer to the end game now. I worry about my girls, all I can do is try and leave them enough when I’m gone to hopefully add some security to their future. That is if privately held currency is still a thing

I built my house for $24,000 in 1974. That wouldn't even pay for the building permits in California now.

I got to know this kid who works at the grocery store. He immigrated here from Afghanistan. He told me his upstairs apartment is $1,100/mo. plus utilities. I told him he should move back to Afghanistan and join the Taliban if he wants to get ahead in today's world. I was just joking of course but he took it pretty hard and I apologized. He probably had some personal history. STFU, Eel.

I don't know how young people can make the American dream a reality on their own now.

Because of my job I see things a tad different.

When I first started we did a lot of very small 3 level splits, and split entries.
Very basic and cookie cutter. Always had cheaper carpet packages, cabinet packages, etc.

Then, super low interest loans became a thing, and as access to easy money came, the size of the house grew, as did what was in them and on them.

My house we built in 97. It got built good because I brought in guys I knew were good. But, we had the cheapest light package, cheapest carpet, cheaper counter tops. The sprinklers I put in, the grass I planted.

I rarely see that now. Builders will build what they can sell, and very few if any are building "entry level".

I look at my folks. Mom stayed home until I was 12. Dad mudded all day, then side jobbed all night, and weekends. I learned to mud because I wanted to see him, and that's where he was. Our house wasn't big by any means. We went 40 miles to SLC to a hotel with a pool for vacation one time each year. I never went out to eat. Never went to movies, games, etc. They didn't have credit cards, dad ate the same lunch, out of the same cooler for my whole childhood. No crew cab trucks, no SUV, no ATV, sxs. Most of our neighbors were the same. And I'm 49, my childhood was the 70's and 80's.

There's no way that happens again. My kids included. No way they'd give up a lifestyle they have, for a house. No way they wear toughskins pants and Payless shoes. No way we shut off the internet. No way we only hunt weekends. Their expectations are high, their friend groups are the same.

Yeah houses are expensive. They always were

Last edited:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom