Your Best European Mounts

1747img_0373_compressed.jpg

These are some really great sheds I found this year, had them put on a skull. turned out GREAT. He is a 7x7.
4942dscn0173.jpg

9996dscn0174.jpg

8048dscn0176.jpg

Enjoy.....Tinehunter

Here is a ANtelope euro I did for a customer. I think Antelope make some sweet looking euro's!

3895img_5701_25.jpg

2929img_5702_25.jpg

8572img_5704_25.jpg

Some nice skulls out there. I really like the velvet bucks and the couse deer.

Just me, but I like it when the taxidermist attaches the antelope horns higher, where they should be and not sitting down on top of the skull and eye orbit.

>Some nice skulls out there.
> I really like the
>velvet bucks and the couse
>deer.
>
> Just me, but I like
>it when the taxidermist attaches
>the antelope horns higher, where
>they should be and not
>sitting down on top of
>the skull and eye orbit.
>

One problem with your comment, you just down graded work I did with out even knowing where THESE antelope horns set naturally. I drill 1 hole on the back of each sheath before slipping the horns of so when I put them back on they go right back to the position they were in NATURALLY. All you do is put a nail in through the hole in the sheath and line it up with the hole in the core , pushing the nail in till it stops, thus making that antelope naturally low. If you dont like them where they set NATURALLY on this antelope, thats your opinion .

LAST EDITED ON Apr-27-10 AT 09:27PM (MST)[p]I guess a guy can't have an opinion? If you are going to post your work all over then some might like it and some might not. I do like most of the mounts you have posted photos of, but the skull I didn't like. I wasn't purposely picking on you.

It looks like your work is nice and clean and white. It just looks like the horn is sitting on the eye orbit bone. I like them set a little higher, where the flesh and core would have held them. I have a couple antelope euro mounts. My opinion and yours-- just opinions, nothing more and nothing less.

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-27-10
>AT 09:27?PM (MST)

>
>I guess a guy can't have
>an opinion? If you
>are going to post your
>work all over then some
>might like it and some
>might not. I do
>like most of the mounts
>you have posted photos of,
>but the skull I didn't
>like. I wasn't purposely
>picking on you.
>
>It looks like your work is
>nice and clean and white.
> It just looks like
>the horn is sitting on
>the eye orbit bone.
>I like them set a
>little higher, where the flesh
>and core would have held
>them. I have a
>couple antelope euro mounts.
>My opinion and yours-- just
>opinions, nothing more and nothing
>less.

I think you missed my point. Those horns on my antelope skull are set exactly as they were before I slipped them off the cores. What you dont get is all antelope are not the same is all. I agree with you to a point about them looking better higher up on the core, but I am not going to raise them to where they were not origionally .This antelope was a low horned critter. Your opinion is fine man, its a public forum. Its just when there is mis-information given and I have the facts of the certain animal, I want to clear it up so people understand what they are looking at.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom