Your last hunt … where and for what?

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Let’s say you’ve found a bottle with a genie in it. The genie has good news and bad. The bad news is, your hunting days have come to an end :(, BUT the good news is, you get one final 10 day hunt anywhere and for anything :love:. And the anything hasn’t been hunted in the anywhere for 5 years.

What and where would you hunt?

BTW - the genie is a creepy old man, not a hot blonde girl like on TV or in dreams. So remain focused. :LOL:

Pack in with horses in a remote wilderness area with a Mule deer tag and an Elk tag in my pocket. Somewhere like the Bob Marshall Wilderness here in Montana or a similar place somewhere in Wyoming. Live in the wall tent and not see a soul for the whole hunt. Seeing's you said my hunting days are over no need for somebody to pack my old bones out. Couldn't think of a better way to go!!

I would like to go back in time and hunt the wagon train of Mormons headed west. Now now I wouldn’t shoot them. Just make them settle a little further west.
Well SS!
If we would have thought you was following us, we woulda turned north and headed toward AK! I say "we" because I was driven one of those wagons!

Now that woulda frosted your butt and Zeke and I would be huntin Dalls every year!

Well SS!
If we would have thought you was following us, we woulda turned north and headed toward AK! I say "we" because I was driven one of those wagons!

Now that woulda frosted your butt and Zeke and I would be huntin Dalls every year!
????

I have a nice pronghorn and elk- so one more crack at a muley on the AZ strip. This time it snows, and the bucks are rutting.

But my genie is a hot busty brunette, regardless of what Founder says.

After 5 years of closed hunting, it would have to be a Mule deer hunt somewhere. I'd ask for help as to specifically where.

If it was the last one it would have to be a family elk hunt throughout the entire rut. It doesn't matter the state as long as it's around big mountains and bugling elk running everywhere. Preferably with a great place to fish in the middle of it to waste away the times in between bugles...now that's a dream worth dreaming.

With a lot of consideration for time of year and not being hunted I’d say 072-074 bull elk 9/17-10/4 muzzleloader in Nevada would be a good time to hang my hat on.

Lots of guys talking sheep. Is that because tags are so hard to draw or are they that fun to hunt? I had never hunted bull elk before until a few years ago and now it's what I want to do more than hunt deer. Funny how that works.

I'd hunt big bull elk in Nevada. I have 17 points now so hopefully, I don't need the genie.

Lots of guys talking sheep. Is that because tags are so hard to draw or are they that fun to hunt? I had never hunted bull elk before until a few years ago and now it's what I want to do more than hunt deer. Funny how that works.

I'd hunt big bull elk in Nevada. I have 17 points now so hopefully, I don't need the genie.
Sheep change your life

I think sheep would rank right up there with some of the more challenging animals to hunt for sure. Permits are relatively scarce which drives the cost up. For me personally, because of the scarcity of permits and the cost, I may never hunt sheep in my lifetime. Probably why so many guys might jump at that opportunity if given the chance.

I'm buried in 21 points for moose in Utah. What I wouldn't give for those to be sheep points.

Spent two weeks on the south end of Kodiak and killed a B&C brown bear. Hunted moose in the Yukon and called a bull moose in and killed him at 60 yards.Guide let me hunt by myself. I’d have to flip a coin between brown bear and moose.The wilderness on both hunts is the attraction.

Screenshot_20230301-181603_Chrome.jpg

Sheep hunting is one of the few times as an adult male you can dress up and not be judged. It’s almost mandatory to have matching gaiters, pants, shirt and even beanie.

Sheep hunters hold hands while hiking in the mountains...for safety.

The first thing you do when you know you're going sheep hunting is tell everyone about it. Everyone. Many sheep hunters will even cold call people to tell them.

Fridays are never the same after you go sheep hunting. Every friday after your first sheep hunt is forever known as FULL CURL FRIDAY. EVERY FRIDAY.

Sheep hunters spend 30% of their hunt hiking, 50% of the time dreaming about all the accolades they will get post hunt, 50% talking about their gear and 25% of the time looking at themselves on their phones. 17.5% of the hunt is picture taking because there are A LOT of fridays in a year.

A sheep hunter will forever measure in .5. His ram isn't 8 years old. Its 8.5. When he asks for a raise at work while on his knees he asks for 3.5 an hour more. Nothing less. His kids are not 10 years old, they are 10.5. You think Im joking but sheep hunters are serious.

Sheep hunters look down on all other hunters. Once you've killed a sheep everyone who hasn't killed one is less of a hunter and not worthy of knowing. You'll delete them from you instagram and facebook. Not to worry though as you'll be busy adding other sheep hunters. All you'll talk about is sheep hunting and how hard of a hunt it was. If someone tries to change the subject you speak over them and steer the talk back to sheep hunting.

Maybe sheep hunting DOES change a person....

Sheep hunting is one of the few times as an adult male you can dress up and not be judged. It’s almost mandatory to have matching gaiters, pants, shirt and even beanie.

The first thing you do when you know you're going sheep hunting is tell everyone about it. Everyone. Many sheep hunters will even cold call people to tell them.

Fridays are never the same after you go sheep hunting. Every friday after your first sheep hunt is forever known as FULL CURL FRIDAY. EVERY FRIDAY.

Sheep hunters spend 30% of their hunt hiking, 50% of the time dreaming about all the accolades they will get post hunt, 50% talking about their gear and 25% of the time looking at themselves on their phones. 17.5% of the hunt is picture taking because there are A LOT of fridays in a year.

A sheep hunter will forever measure in .5. His ram isn't 8 years old. Its 8.5. When he asks for a raise at work while on his knees he asks for 3.5 an hour more. Nothing less. His kids are not 10 years old, they are 10.5. You think Im joking but sheep hunters are serious.

Sheep hunters look down on all other hunters. Once you've killed a sheep everyone who hasn't killed one is less of a hunter and not worthy of knowing. You'll delete them from you instagram and facebook. Not to worry though as you'll be busy adding other sheep hunters. All you'll talk about is sheep hunting and how hard of a hunt it was. If someone tries to change the subject you speak over them and steer the talk back to sheep hunting.

Does a Class IV Ram change this theory?

Does a Class IV Ram change this theory?
Oh man thats a good one. I forgot about the tier structure sheep hunters have developed.

For you newbies out there sheep hunters are really special. They have came up with many ways to measure their peckers.

1) Grand slam. Kill all 4 and they give you a special # and you can tell everyone you're a slammer

2) Add the .5 to everything. We covered this above

3) Class structure for the ram. Age isn't enough they came up with I II III IV V. Maybe more? It still doesn't make sense

4) Multiple sheep organizations to self promote yourself and accomplishments. WSF, RMBS, Sheep Camp, the list goes on.

They even have a <1 club. For guys who haven't killed a sheep. They give you this t shirt to wear on your sheep hunt and heres the best part. You're going to love this. You're suppose to carry some tape with you and X out the <1 club once you kill a ram. I **** you not. Waste perfectly good tape.

If I had to be serious for one second I would say a 14 days stone sheep hunt in the Yukon would be amazing. Naked. July hunt. Thats how I would want to spend my last 10 days.

If there was a double laughing face...I would have used it.

Oh man thats a good one. I forgot about the tier structure sheep hunters have developed.

For you newbies out there sheep hunters are really special. They have came up with many ways to measure their peckers.

1) Grand slam. Kill all 4 and they give you a special # and you can tell everyone you're a slammer

2) Add the .5 to everything. We covered this above

3) Class structure for the ram. Age isn't enough they came up with I II III IV V. Maybe more? It still doesn't make sense

4) Multiple sheep organizations to self promote yourself and accomplishments. WSF, RMBS, Sheep Camp, the list goes on.

They even have a <1 club. For guys who haven't killed a sheep. They give you this t shirt to wear on your sheep hunt and heres the best part. You're going to love this. You're suppose to carry some tape with you and X out the <1 club once you kill a ram. I **** you not. Waste perfectly good tape.

If I had to be serious for one second I would say a 14 days stone sheep hunt in the Yukon would be amazing. Naked. July hunt. Thats how I would want to spend my last 10 days.

Well, obviously I'm not a sheep hunter because I wasn't privy to any of this... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

SS you forgot one. The biggest lie of sheep hunting. The 12 year old Ram I killed is the best meat I’ve ever had.

Sheep in Asia, of course!
Mongolia - High Altai Ovis Ammon Ammon without question, thank you very much! :love:

Zeke
I was fortunate to hunt the Altai mountains of Mongolia for Ibex back in the mid 90's. What an awesome place with pristine environment. The sheep I saw while there were spectacular. I was stationed in Korea with the military and developed a friendship with a Mongolian who invited me to his country to hunt. Would love to go back for sure.

Nice SS!

I’d probably wear a loinskin for 10 days and fill out on all African game.

Then toss me to the piranhas .

My dream hunt? I would love to put my wife on a bull. Won't matter a whole lot where or when, so, if any of you smart folks know, please let me know. Doesn't have to be a big bull, but, she is limited mobility wise and won't be able to walk much at all.

Mongolia for Argali and Ibex

Full Bag in Tanzania

If I could only shoot one animal on the hunt, Yukon for Dall or Stone Sheep. Though apparently I hunt and talk about sheep hunting all wrong.

Remove “ sheep hunter” insert “ vegan” it all reads the same. ??

Let’s say you’ve found a bottle with a genie in it. The genie has good news and bad. The bad news is, your hunting days have come to an end :(, BUT the good news is, you get one final 10 day hunt anywhere and for anything :love:. And the anything hasn’t been hunted in the anywhere for 5 years.

What and where would you hunt?

BTW - the genie is a creepy old man, not a hot blonde girl like on TV or in dreams. So remain focused. :LOL:
1972 Proven Canyon and I see the buck before Doug Jr. does...

I have already experienced that. Paunsaugunt for deer the first year it opened after being closed for eight years my wife drew a tag. It was a dream I will never forget. I just wish I knew the unit then like I know it now.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom