Your power bill

Zigga

Long Time Member
Now that we know Al Gore's power bill and we know each other's land value, what are you guys paying per month on your power for your primary household. I have gas forced air and last month I paid almost $230 for a sub 1,500 square foot two story home. I can't wait til spring.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-26-07 AT 06:27PM (MST)[p]$400 last month for a 1 story 1900 sq' home. THat is with a pellet stove and forced air electric. I cant wait to see what it will be when we build our 3500 sq' next spring! Holy balls!! Good thing our house is paid off, it makes the blow a little less.

Eric

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Well this should piss y'all off.. Last 7 months my bill has been under $40.00 I have a propane stove-oven/dryer/water heater and I heat my house with firewood.

horsepoop.gif

This past month
: Electric, $48
: NG, $103

Summer months:
Power usually around $40
Gas around $25
Just doing my part to keep the rigs out of Tfinals back yard.
Maybe I should be a Democrap. NOT!

It runs between $60 and $70. Ninety percent of heat comes from mill trim ends. 1300 Sq. Ft. Nice dry wood heat is the best, right BuckSnort?

Steve

>It runs between $60 and $70.
>Ninety percent of heat comes
>from mill trim ends. 1300
>Sq. Ft. Nice dry wood
>heat is the best, right
>BuckSnort?
>
>Steve

It sure is Steve. It really shines when the power is out and I'm still heating the house. Although The newer pellet stoves have been getting my attention...No more cutting splitting and stacking.I still fancy the old fashion way though. Plus cutting firewood gives me another excuse to be out in the woods come spring.

horsepoop.gif

1200 sq ft 3 bedroom 2 bath apt on 1st floor or 3 story building in Round Rock, TX - the highest electric bill last year (during July and August - AC central air on 24/7 - $130, most months around $75. Gas constantly around $35.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

My father just switched over from heating with wood to a pellet stove. he loves it...but he does miss being out in the woods, cutting, splitting and stacking wood was just beating him up too bad due to his age i think.

5400SF home-
Oil $427.00 (two months supply)
Propane $120.00
Electric $310.00 (home & barn)

Total $643.50 per month average!!!

muleyman

Zigga....High efficiency electric heat pump. Our bill usually runs in the high 200's but last month we had several weeks in the teens and twenties. After being an HVAC guy for a while I discovered that (other than wood heat) an electric heat pump is the most efficient way to go.
Eric

Ultra liberal, wolf loving, illiterate, gay, hippie midgets on crack piss me off!!!!

deerline.gif

Good God muleyman. What do you do for a living? I know trust funders that would have a hard time paying that much.

I own a "Document Imaging Company" in Portland. You don't want to know what my house payment is...Propery taxes alone are over $7K per year!

muleyman

4 bedroom, 2 bath, 1800 sq feet. Power 58.00, Gas 41.00.

Switched my most used lights to flourescent and cover the windows in the winter......

Pred

I LIVE IN A 1500 SQ FT LOG HOME, 3 FREEZERS AND 2 FRIDGES AND A HOT TUB. LAST MONTH WAS THE HIGHEST EL. BILL YET 150.00. I BEEN HERE FOR 3 YEARS IM ALSO TOTAL EL.

During the summer months mine runs around $11,000 a month. if it weren't for the BPA hydro projects on the Columbia that the fish freaks want pulled out it would be worse than that. by the way that's for irrigation pumps.

This is the good time of the year for us AZ guys. My house is 3500sq' and my gas bill is right around $100 (gas heat and water) and my power bill is around $150. In the summer my gas bill drops to about $50 bucks but my power bill will get up to $500 for the hottest couple months. Talk about a killer.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom