YOUR RECENT AMMO BUYS???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Just Wondering what You've All Seen/Bought Recently with the GOUGING Going on?

I've kinda Lucked Out & Bought some Bullets for Bigger Calibers recently at Lower Prices than I've ever seen!

Our Local Sporting/Ammo Stores are Basically OUT-HOUSES when it comes to Ammo!

The 375 RUM Ammo I Bought 3 Weeks ago from MIDWAY USA has gone up 30.00 per box since I Bought it!

Wondering if anybody is seeing any NEW Ammo show up anywhere?

Scheels today. They had less than 10% of the ammo they had when things were normal. Hornaday was about the only ammo they had and it was only the less popular calibers. No rimfire ammo, very little shotgun ammo. As bad as I've seen it.

20210131_122551.jpg

Same here in Texas. Lots of 28 Nosler at one store I frequent but not much else.
Makes me want to buy the 28 Nosler for sale in the MM Classifieds. I have plenty of ammo to hold me over, but always like to grab a couple more boxes when available.

At Sportsman's today in the Big K, (not Kmart, Kalifornia)--seen the same thing, surprisingly a bunch of 7mm, 7mm-08, 25.06, 30.06. sh*tload of 28 Nosler, 300 Win, 300 RUM and 375's. I guess those folks already have what they need. Not necessarily plinking rounds. The prices seem to be consistent to what they were selling for previously.

BUT, no AR caliber ammo, pistol ammo, reloading bullets, primers or powder. Not too many semi-auto pistols either, but plenty of hunting rifles!

BH 209. $45 for 10 ozs or some such nonsense. But I’m sitting out the current round of craziness.
Me too. Glad I had stocked up ammo/reloading components in the last couple of years. Haven't felt compelled to jump in nor do I need to.

I been able to get everything. Every week when the truck comes in i send the wife with a list.. since I have bought a few guns from the store they always help out. Just bought a hellcat the other day and i got 200 rounds of 9mm for a steal. The shelf is always full of 6.5 and 6.5prc horandy ammo. I am always plenty stocked. I am mostly buying from what we shoot on the weekends. 4 of us can go through a lot of rounds. As I said before I took the kids bigger magazines away to cut them back

It’s tough, in the same boat as Gunnihunter... difficult to find 12 gauge shotgun rounds for bird hunting. Why? That many people using birdshot for home defense??? Or are people planning on hunting wild birds to survive ?

I Did Buy 6- 50 Round Boxes of 22 Long Rifle Rimfire yesterday!

Too Damn Much Money at 2.99 a Box!

But Still Less than the 1.00 Per Round BS!

Made a trip though ut this last weekend stopped at 7 stores on the way down and 4 on the way back. I came home with the same amount of ammo as when I left wy! Scheels cabelas sportsman's walmart and a few other shelfs are bare!

Drove down from Wyoming and hit 7 stores in Utah?

That sentence might give some validation to what the manufacturers keep saying

Drove down from Wyoming and hit 7 stores in Utah?

That sentence might give some validation to what the manufacturers keep saying
Yessir had to pick up a euro buck and help my brother mount my bear. Figured I would stop and see for myself and yes the struggle is real!

I was in a local store in Farmington this weekend. Asked about some 6.5 ammo said they have not had any for months which I know for a fact is bulls**t. Was told they are taking that ammo which I was getting for $35 a box and selling on GB for over a hundred. Greedy bastards.

I'm a little confused. I don't remember these high prices when Trump was President. Why the sudden change? Wonder what gas prices are going to do in the future? Hope not as bad as ammo?
Ammo 100 dollars a box, gas 6-8 bucks a gallon maybe how they help fund the green new deal and save our planet.

Last week i was going through KSL want adds reloading supplies a guy had made a post that had the Heading
"Pathetic Bastards $1000000"
He explained how he had been to Sportsmans Warehouse that morning and the delivery truck had delivered some reloading supplies but none that he needed. He commended the retail stores of keeping the prices down.
That night he was looking at the KSL Want Adds reloading and saw alot of the items that had came in that morning and now they were on KSL for trippple the price of Sportsmans Warehouse price.
He ended by calling all of the individuals that had them prices " a bunch of sick Bastards.
Needless to say just a few hours later you could not find that add on KSL.
I think Founder must be a moderator on KSL.
Sorry Founder I could not resist.?

I went to our local gun store and thought “wow, there seems to be a lot of 17 HMR Ammo. No HMR guns. Saw a bunch of .45 230 gr. Ball rounds, but no large pistol primers or brass. Someone mentioned A 6mm. If you can find the gun, you should be good. Good luck with that.

Went to local store today. Plenty of everything on the shelves. Prices were normal. Picked up 8 boxes of .22 just because I’m lazy and hate going in sporting goods stores. Should last a long time.

Plenty of Everything Huh?

You Get Stocked up with Ammo for Your Red Ryder?

Went to local store today. Plenty of everything on the shelves. Prices were normal. Picked up 8 boxes of .22 just because I’m lazy and hate going in sporting goods stores. Should last a long time.

For Bess - in stock $47

Last edited:
I'm Tellin Ya wetmule!

MM'ers Giving Me Crap for many Years over the Big Calibers!

They Ain't Laughin at Me now!

Been Buying Big Bore Caliber Ammo Recently for Less than what some are Paying for 30-06 Bullets!

47.00 Ain't Bad!

Thanks!

For Bess - in stock $47

Picked up a couple canisters of IMR 4350. I am fairly well stocked but would like to pick up a canister of blue dot and one of Unique. Also keeping my eye out for some 160 gr Partitions for 7 mm Mag and some hollow point for the .44. I too, am not sure where this is going to end up but am not liking it!!

4 boxes of federal premium 7mm 168grn bergers
39.99 a box
Then 2 boxes of Hornaday 139 7mm 39.99
And 2 boxes of 270 130 Hornaday 27.99

Shocked me the Hornaday were the same as the bergers? Did not notice until I got home.

In the last 6 weeks; sold 3 bricks of WLRM primers, gave 1500 fed 210 away, bought 10# rl-25, gave away 9# powder (7828ssc, varget, h1000, 4350), bought 1 brick 215, 1 brick 215m, 4 boxes 6.5 cm ammo, 5 boxes of 140 TTSX bullets.
Powder and some bullets were online, the rest off the shelf at sportsmans.

This is the reloading shelf at my local Sportsmans. BUT, they did have 2 boxes of brass for my 6.5 RPM, I guess having oddball cartridges pays off sometimes.

IMG_20210202_112130.jpg

Ammo is being made as fast as they can. Just too much demand and it isn't going to get any better this year. Even guns are about gone here.

I got 24 lbs of IMR Green locally from a guy who took them in on a trade. If I could get my hands on 209 primers I'd be set for shotgun loads for a while.

Also have done pretty well on the forums such as this site. Ive got enough 300 Norma and 300 Winny to burn atleast 2 barrels out. Found some good deals on brass and bullets also.

Some Cheddite 209s hit one of the reloading sites a week ornso ago and Powder Valley had powder in last week so hopefully things will ease up a bit?

I'm hoping this will be like the TP rush at the start of the Wuhan lockdown with a crazy rush like you have never wiped your a$$ before to wow, that's a lot of TP in your garage and now there's ton's at the local Costco.

Picked up a couple canisters of IMR 4350. I am fairly well stocked but would like to pick up a canister of blue dot and one of Unique. Also keeping my eye out for some 160 gr Partitions for 7 mm Mag and some hollow point for the .44. I too, am not sure where this is going to end up but am not liking it!!
I have a partial box of Partitions if you are interested.

No wonder ammo is hard to come by. Maybe this guy works for the gun industry?

“As the country reels from multiple crises, the gun industry has cashed in with record sales that have made Americans less safe,” Nick Suplina, managing director of law and policy for the group, said in a statement.

“Without swift changes in policy, our already devastating gun violence epidemic could get even deadlier. The good news, though, is that we finally have leaders in the White House and in both chambers of Congress who recognize that this crisis demands action.”

I wonder how much money "Every town for Gun Safety" spends on actual gun safety projects. Things like teaching people how to safely handle a firearm. Teaching kids what to do if they find a firearm. Things like that. I also wonder how much money they spend on generating statistics for things like how many or what percentage of violent crimes and homicides are committed with an illegally obtained weapon.

This by no means is an accurate statistic but I asked a local detective here what percentage of violent crimes were committed with a legally obtained firearm and he said it was probably under %5 of the cases he works. He said the vast majority of violent offenders that are caught committing a crime with a firearm already have a felony record that prohibits them from legally buying or possessing firearms. He told me the vast majority of guns used in crimes are obtained through home burglaries and car break ins.

I Might be able to get 2 Boxes of Hornady American Whitetail 6.5 CREEDMOOR 129 Grain Interlocks for 39.00 per box if they Still Have them in the Morning!

If Somebody wants me to try & get them I Will!

The Only Issue would be Shipping/Getting them to You as I Live in Northeastern Utah!

Let Me know!

No wonder ammo is hard to come by. Maybe this guy works for the gun industry?

“As the country reels from multiple crises, the gun industry has cashed in with record sales that have made Americans less safe,” Nick Suplina, managing director of law and policy for the group, said in a statement.

“Without swift changes in policy, our already devastating gun violence epidemic could get even deadlier. The good news, though, is that we finally have leaders in the White House and in both chambers of Congress who recognize that this crisis demands action.”

Eel
Don't worry about it! Have you not been listening to some of the guys on this site tell us no one is really after the guns, that is just made up by the NRA and the crazy far right.
Don't worry about that crazy congressman from Texas that introduced H.R 127 he has introduced that bill every year for the last 4 years and it didn't get anywhere and what makes you think the 117th congress and the current administration would be any different!?

I personally don't really know if they can get some of these far left gun control agendas done but they will try, I do believe the far left has congressman/women and Senetors that are willing to take the political bullet inorder to get gun control legislation passed.
I do believe they will get some form of Taxes on guns and ammo and some form of licensing on certain designated guns (according to there perception). I just hope and pray are Supreme Court can stop the madness.
And that is the reason I do not see an end to the gun and ammo shortage in the near future. When the end dose come it might be because pepole can not afford or legally be able to purchase guns and ammo.

you guys should of figured out this problem when Obama was elected many many moons ago..I have enough ammo to last me the rest of my lifetime...plus reloading supplies also..

Ammo was Extremely Thin today!

I Got:

100 Rounds of 22 Long Rifle!

Couple of Boxes of BIG BORE!

No 22 MAGS!

No 30-30 Bullets!

No 30-06 BULLETS!

No 38 Specials!

No 9mm today!

No 6.5 PRC's for PUNK!

I Did see some:

6mm's!

28 Noslers!

300 RUM REMINGTON CORE-LOKTS!

454 CASULL'S!

Some Odd-Ball Ammo!

Perty Thin Pickins!

Today was officially where i got nothing. The wife didnt have time to wait in line so thats on us. By the time i got there they had a butt load of .17hmr but i didnt need anymore

I haven't bought any ammunition for about 12 months. The only problem is I like to work up new loads and test different bullets. I could get by fine with what I have for 20+ years but I do enjoy testing new loads/bullets.

Scheels today. They had less than 10% of the ammo they had when things were normal. Hornaday was about the only ammo they had and it was only the less popular calibers. No rimfire ammo, very little shotgun ammo. As bad as I've seen it.

View attachment 23864
That $109 isn't for the 30-378 ammo
right.

I've got this Posted in the Classifieds as well:

I Have 1 to 2 BOXES of WEATHERBY SELECT 300 Weatherby MAG 180 GRAIN HORNADY INTERLOCK (ULTRA HIGH VELOCITY) #H300180IL

BRAND NEW & NOT TAMPERED WITH!

I'd Like To Trade for an Equal Value of Loaded 38 SPECIAL TARGET/PLINKING AMMO!

Something in 115-135 Grain Jacketed Hollow Point/FMJ!

NOT LEAD NOSE!

Preferably Near NorthEastern Utah So We Don't get in to the Shipping Hassle!

These are the Bullets:

www.midwayusa.com

Weatherby Select Ammo 300 Weatherby Mag 180 Grain Hornady Interlock

Weatherby and Norma have teamed up to offer its customers premium ammunition for a wide variety of hunting applications. This particular load features...
www.midwayusa.com
www.midwayusa.com

Just got notification from Midway they have some 300wm in stock. Ordered a few boxes. Showed to still have some if anyone needs any.

Seeing lots of posts on social media about ammunition and components starting to pop up at some of the bigger outlets like Midway.
Maybe they are starting to catch the demand!

It’s like the bubba version of the Reddit Gamestop thing.......running up the price on ourselves. (y)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom