Youth bull hunt!

ruthunter

LAST EDITED ON May-18-17 AT 06:33PM (MST)[p]Hey guys it looks like my son drew the youth any weapon elk hunt Sept 16-24th.What can one expect on this hunt? Is this more of an opportunity hunt or are there elk to be hunted? Also can someone explain what areas are open? I've found the map they have online difficult to understand. I've only hunted in 14a the San Abajos. Feel free to PM me any starting points or areas to look.

Any unit that is an open bull unit can be hunted.

I love this hunt, by far and away my favorite hunt to go on. There are normally plenty of elk, it's the middle of the rut and very few hunters state wide. The kid will love it.

>Any unit that is an open
>bull unit can be hunted.
>
>
>I love this hunt, by far
>and away my favorite hunt
>to go on. There are
>normally plenty of elk, it's
>the middle of the rut
>and very few hunters state
>wide. The kid will love
>it.

Any open general unit not any open unit including LE?

>>Any unit that is an open
>>bull unit can be hunted.
>>
>>
>>I love this hunt, by far
>>and away my favorite hunt
>>to go on. There are
>>normally plenty of elk, it's
>>the middle of the rut
>>and very few hunters state
>>wide. The kid will love
>>it.
>
>
>Any open general unit not any
>open unit including LE?

You Won't be Hunting LE Units!

[Font][Font color = "blue"]I Changed My Signature Just for NVB!
Like 6 Damn Times Now!

>>>Any unit that is an open
>>>bull unit can be hunted.
>>>
>>>
>>>I love this hunt, by far
>>>and away my favorite hunt
>>>to go on. There are
>>>normally plenty of elk, it's
>>>the middle of the rut
>>>and very few hunters state
>>>wide. The kid will love
>>>it.
>>
>>
>>Any open general unit not any
>>open unit including LE?
>
>You Won't be Hunting LE Units!
>

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>[Font][Font color = "blue"]I Changed My
>Signature Just for NVB!
>Like 6 Damn Times Now!

Gotcha! Thx for the heads up. What's the trophy potential on this hunt?

>>>>Any unit that is an open
>>>>bull unit can be hunted.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>I love this hunt, by far
>>>>and away my favorite hunt
>>>>to go on. There are
>>>>normally plenty of elk, it's
>>>>the middle of the rut
>>>>and very few hunters state
>>>>wide. The kid will love
>>>>it.
>>>
>>>
>>>Any open general unit not any
>>>open unit including LE?
>>
>>You Won't be Hunting LE Units!
>>
>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>[Font][Font color = "blue"]I Changed My
>>Signature Just for NVB!
>>Like 6 Damn Times Now!
>
>Gotcha! Thx for the heads up.
>What's the trophy potential on
>this hunt?

I'd focus on making it a Fun Hunt rather than Trying to make a Trophy Hunt out of it!

If ruthunter jr gets a Trophy That's a Plus!

My Son Pulled the Tag First Time He Tried!

Took His First 6 Point Bull at age 14!

The Times & Fun We Had Hunting out weigh the Score!

Best of Luck!

[Font][Font color = "blue"]I Changed My Signature Just for NVB!
Like 6 Damn Times Now!

LAST EDITED ON May-18-17 AT 08:03PM (MST)[p]If it were my kid, I'd have him shoot the first elk we saw... but that's just my personal opinion I've developed over participating in several of these hunts.

>LAST EDITED ON May-18-17
>AT 08:03?PM (MST)

>
>If it were my kid, I'd
>have him shoot the first
>elk we saw... but that's
>just my personal opinion I've
>developed over participating in several
>of these hunts.

He will shoot any branch antlered bull. Last year at the age of 14 he took his first archery bull here in AZ. If anyone has a couple areas they would share that would be much appreciated. I can share my knowledge on the units I'm familiar with here in AZ.

I have taken some youth on this hunt the last couple years and have had great success. Not a lot of giant bulls running around in the open areas but the timing is great to get in on some good action. Pm me if you would like to know some of the areas we have had succes im open to sharing any information for the you and your boy

I'll be out there this year with my 13 year old son this year as well. The South Slope of the Uintas hold the most elk of all the general any bull areas. Between archery hunting and my daughter drawing the youth tag a couple years ago I have spent a bit of time on the any bull areas and have taken a few smaller bulls. A good (320+) bull is very hard to find IMO. Many 5 points are herd bulls there. I will be encouraging my boy to shoot the first 5 point we see.

As ass said. Normal trophy pontential is horrible. Let the experience be the trophy.

As I said, my favorite hunt every year is this hunt. We have taken some good bulls off this hunt, but the average is a 5x or small 6x.

My son had this tag last year. Fun hunt, great experience. He drew at age 13. We had his 5 pt bull on the second day at 45 yds and couldn't get a shot, but ended up taking him the second to last day at 60 yds. Was a fun hunt and one I will cherish for a long time.

I would upload a pic, but don't have a webserver to do so.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom