Youth Encouragement Hunts

nmyotebuster

Good morning all.

I have a daughter (10 yrs) who was unsuccessful this year in the draw, and am looking at the youth encouragement elk tags for her.

The sale starts on the 28th, and I was wondering where you all would recommend for the December dates of the 26th - 30th.

I am not against driving far ( I hunted 16A archery ), but would like to not have to drive forever ( kitchen pass right after Xmas is gonna cost some brownie points ). We live just outside of Albuquerque, so I have looked at 13,17 6A. But I can always head back down to 16A. We have no problem with hiking a bit, as she accompanied me on a hunt in Colorado, and was hiking 5 miles a day.

I just want her to have a good chance, because success breeds life long hunters.

Thanks in advance,

NMYB

I agree,16A has a good population of elk, although there are several good units where a youth will have a better than average chance to fill a cow elk tag.

I wish you the best of luck getting a tag AND getting it filled!!

I have two boys ages 12 & 15 that I will be trying to get tags for also. I am very happy with the NM G&F for providing this 2nd opportunity to our youth hunters to go hunt!

"Windage & Elevation Pilgrim, Windage & Elevation"

Thanks for the input.

Is anyone familiar with the amount of snow I may encounter while in 16A during that time period?

I have a Jeep Wrangler for getting down the roads, but we will probably be tent camping.

NMYB

I have a nephew who is dying to go hunting and he did not draw out. I love the way they are giving the youth a second chance. I am trying to decide between 9, 51, or 50. Same time. If anyone has input about these feel free. I just know these areas better, but don't really know them in December that is why I am asking.

10:31AM there are a LOT of tags left!!

Come on guys... Get your kids a tag!!

"Windage & Elevation Pilgrim, Windage & Elevation"

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom