Youth hunt bucks!

mlycrzy

Very Active Member
Even though I didn't draw a deer tag this year I was fortunate enough to hunt with my good friends in area 22. I believe NV has the best youth tags in the west as these kids can hunt with a bow,muzzy,and rifle. The first buck was taken by Zach Staley at the end of September with his muzzloader. We decided to head out for the evening hunt a little earlier than normal becase of the overcast type weather. This choice paid off as we jumped this buck at 2:30 in the afternoon coming from water. Zach made an easy 40 yard shot and he had his biggest buck to date. A 25" 4x6 with deep forks and good mass.
490372352de1c137.jpg

490376323e31e1c8.jpg

This next buck was taken by Zach's older brother Riley. With only the weekend left to hunt Riley decided it would be best to focus our efforts in the steepest country on the mountain in hopes of finding a bigger bucks than we had been seeing. So we filled out packs full of snacks and water and headed out. It took us about 45 minutes of vertical climb before we reached the top. Within minutes we had a large buck spotted about 800 yards away bedded under a tree. After cutting the distance in half Riley decide to take this 27" 4 point. Riley made good with his shots connecting on 3 of 4 and his buck was down. The next morning we went back in and spent 5 hours deboning and packing out Rileys buck. I would like to send a special thanks to a new found friend in Julius Fortuna who lent us his frame pack and some extra muscle in getting this buck out. It's nice to still have people on the mountain who will help at a moments notice. Thanks Julius! Also, thanks to the Staley's for letting me and my boy tag along and enjoy the hunts!

490379354ac2ca99.jpg

490379674ba3da57.jpg

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom