Youth Hunt Opportunities for 10 Year Old?

cowslayer

Hey Guys and Gals,

Looking for some direction on the youth hunt opportunities. I have a 10 year old that wants to hunt big game in the worst way. Checking to see if there are any good, high opportunity/easy draw hunts we should check out?

www.VIPOptics.com

Optics for Western Hunters...
Sold by Western Hunters.

Stink pig is a virtual guaranteed draw and a fairy easy critter to hunt. Past that he would have high odds of an antelope doe tag. The thanksgiving youth encouragement hunt is a high success rate hunt. PM me if you want info on that elk hunt.

NM does a great job with youth hunts. Are you a res or non res? That would make a big difference in being able to draw.

Going with javelina here. The youth draw pool for elk and deer are pretty loaded up!!! Especially for you!

Hunter Safety or Mentored Youth Hunter training required for U18.

Check to make sure that your state's program is recognized by NM.
If not, both HS and MYH can be done online, but I think HS takes longer than the MYH program. Neither online program is trivial. Elk tags not available under the MYH program and kid has to be w/in ear shot of an adult.

I rarely recommend New Mexico's deer hunts to NR's. Certainly elk. +1 to state-wide 3-month season for youth Javi's. God help me if we don't come home with one this year.

Cow S. Look at Unit 4 Chama Wildlofe Area (Nov. hunt) 5 tags. Also Unit 2B youth hunt. Both NOT easy draws BUT great hunts for youth. No such thing as easy draw with great rewards! Might as well go for broke. PM me if want more info.

Don't know how to PM
but there are some usually easy to get cow hunts with high success rates for youth.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom