Youth hunt success

09Bigbuck

My son was fortunate enough to draw the youth on range oryx tag, 34 cow elk, and get a private deer tag. Thanks to some help from friends and my brother we had a blast and the freezer is full!
3C8640D4-C258-41D0-962F-3FFAA31A724B.jpeg
25638EEC-05F9-4315-B5C9-500CB5CD2D2F.jpeg
A22A96A7-773C-43B7-8B06-ABDD5F8F5B91.jpeg
F9CA33E5-FFC4-479A-8547-E466D1D52B24.jpeg

C2F46781-3E4E-493A-8C4D-C72204051160.jpeg

Congratulations to you and your son! Memories for a lifetime, and it's just getting started! BTW, are you making Landejaeger sausage in the last photo?

Nice!
I raised my twin daughters to hunt and they filled the freezer every year with deer and elk! Nothing better than kids being successful!

Congratulations to you and your son! Memories for a lifetime, and it's just getting started! BTW, are you making Landejaeger sausage in the last photo?
No the last photo is cheddar bratwurst. The picture in the smoker was Eldon’s snack sticks. Mixed the elk 50/50 with pork butt for both and it came out great!

Last edited:
Heck yes! My kids have had some great success and really changed them in such a positive way! They not motivate me! Congratulations

Congrats to your son on a great year! I miss the days of my daughter being a youth hunter. I still remember the weekend going to hunter safety, buying her a 7mm-08 and taking her on her hunts. Thankfully, as a 19 year old, she still likes hunting. Cherish these days and all of the memories!

That youngster there is going to be hooked! Looks like some good times were had. Really cool. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Since my kids starting hunting, the burden has been lifted from my shoulders to keep the freezer full. They have drawn more tags in the last 3 years than I have in the last 20.

I'm glad youth hunters are able to draw specific youth tags. It isn't us "old suckers" that are going to keep hunting going so we can continue the tradition in our golden years.

Since my kids starting hunting, the burden has been lifted from my shoulders to keep the freezer full. They have drawn more tags in the last 3 years than I have in the last 20.

I'm glad youth hunters are able to draw specific youth tags. It isn't us "old suckers" that are going to keep hunting going so we can continue the tradition in our golden years.
I agree it would be hard to get kids into hunting if they couldn’t draw tags.

I have enjoyed tagging along on his hunts the last two years way more than any of my hunts. I can’t wait till my second boy starts hunting, hopefully next year!

I agree it would be hard to get kids into hunting if they couldn’t draw tags.

I have enjoyed tagging along on his hunts the last two years way more than any of my hunts. I can’t wait till my second boy starts hunting, hopefully next year!
Just don't put them in on the same applications. Pretty tough trying to fill two youth tags on the same hunt.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom