Youth hunting

Should youth be guaranteed a tag the first year there eligible?

• Yes

Votes: 14 22.6%
  • No

Votes: 48 77.4%

• Total voters

Muleman1

Very Active Member
So my son is 12 he worked his but off to get hunters safety and was excited to hunt big game only to come up with a big unsuccessful a buddy of mine has a daughter that it took 3 years before she drew and k ow she no longer is into it! to me that’s only going to keep the kids uninterested! I take my son every time I go but it would be nice for him to pull the trigger !

So my son is 12 he worked his but off to get hunters safety and was excited to hunt big game only to come up with a big unsuccessful a buddy of mine has a daughter that it took 3 years before she drew and k ow she no longer is into it! to me that’s only going to keep the kids uninterested! I take my son every time I go but it would be nice for him to pull the trigger !
Youth archery deer tag, OTC.

general unlimited youth any bull tag, OTC.

general spike tag, OTC.

antlerless-20% reserved for youth.

youth waterfowl hunts

youth upland hunts.

youth turkey hunts, OTC.

fall turkeys hunts, OTC.

None of that stuff existed when many of us were youth, yet there’s many avid hunters today.

utah has bent over backwards for the kids. if your kid isn’t hunting every weekend in the fall, it’s the parents fault. Not the state. TONS of opportunities for the kids to get out hunting in utah. Then on top of that every other western state has youth hunts. GET YOUR KIDS OUT HUNTING AND QUIT LOOKING FOR EXCUSES TO POINT FINGERS AT LACK OF OPPORTUNITIES.

Last edited:
You must not pay attention to the WB meetings very closely. A couple years ago they ran a data study on “guaranteeing youth general deer tags when they apply. Almost 100% of all the units yearly tag quotas would go straight to youth. Adults would never have a shot at any permits. They get 20% as it is. That’s more than fair. If your kid isn’t that fired up about hunting, a deer tag won’t keep them interested down the road. Hunting isn’t a “hand me my trophy” hobby. Put in the time it takes to be successful both in the draws and during the hunt.

oh PS, there’s also the mentoring program available to kids now as well. How many of YOUR TAGS are you going to donate to your kid??? ?

You fellers are ridiculous I love how everyone on this site posts up a macho response keyboard tuff guys !! As fas as SS YOU CAN TEST MY TOUGHNESS ANY DAY OF THE WEEK BUD! AND did I say my son wasn’t fired up i said my friends daughter was no longer into it ? I am donating my tag this year to my son through the mentoring program, once again you guys are sooo tough ?

general spike tag, OTC.

youth waterfowl hunts

youth upland hunts.

youth turkey hunts, OTC.

fall turkeys hunts, OTC.

None of that stuff existed when many of us were youth, yet there’s many avid hunters today.

utah has bent over backwards for the kids. if your kid isn’t hunting every weekend in the fall, it’s the parents fault. Not the state. TONS of opportunities for the kids to get out hunting in utah. Then on top of that every other western state has youth hunts. GET YOUR KIDS OUT HUNTING AND QUIT LOOKING FOR EXCUSES TO POINT FINGERS AT LACK OF OPPORTUNITIES.
My son has probably hunted more than most people on this site FYI

You fellers are ridiculous I love how everyone on this site posts up a macho response keyboard tuff guys !! As fas as SS YOU CAN TEST MY TOUGHNESS ANY DAY OF THE WEEK BUD! AND did I say my son wasn’t fired up i said my friends daughter was no longer into it ? I am donating my tag this year to my son through the mentoring program, once again you guys are sooo tough ?
I’m sorry the poll isn’t going the way you want it to. I’m also sorry your son didn’t get a tag. I’m sorry you have to feel macho by throwing impractical threats over the internet.

If your kid doesn’t grow up to love the outdoors the one excuse that is complete BS is they didn’t get a tag. There are plenty of opportunities to get the youth outdoors. Whether they grow to love it may not be in your control. You take a 6 year old on a death march he’s likely to not like hunting as much if you load him up with hot chocolate and junk food to drive around hunting. Too many adults try to make their kids go do hunts they themselves can barely do.

Get all upset about what someone posts on the internet and throwing out weak ass threats is not healthy.

Good luck this fall…

I’m sorry the poll isn’t going the way you want it to. I’m also sorry your son didn’t get a tag. I’m sorry you have to feel macho by throwing impractical threats over the internet.

If your kid doesn’t grow up to love the outdoors the one excuse that is complete BS is they didn’t get a tag. There are plenty of opportunities to get the youth outdoors. Whether they grow to love it may not be in your control. You take a 6 year old on a death march he’s likely to not like hunting as much if you load him up with hot chocolate and junk food to drive around hunting. Too many adults try to make their kids go do hunts they themselves can barely do.

Get all upset about what someone posts on the internet and throwing out weak ass threats is not healthy.

Good luck this fall…
?

Then why TF are you bitching? ? feeling a little entitled?

and you making that statement shows how clueless you are. A 12 year old has more hunting experience than most on this site??? Sit back and think about that claim and get back to us on that. I’ve heard some stupid things on this site, but that takes the cake. If that’s the case, you have no room to expect more tags and hunting opportunities for your kid. Sounds like the adults here are getting robbed of their opportunities from the youth and we should petition to have the youth opportunities taken away from them

I think most of us would rather be “tough” than retarded or entitled… guess which categories you’re currently looking to fall under.

Depending on the state you're in depends on the OTC opportunities out there. Most have OTC spring turkey and others have some elk hunts as well.

So, a youth could be guarenteed a tag their first year.

It's easy to want them to have a choice tag, but then that opens the whole fairness argument and a bunch of grown men crying about unfair opportunities...

general spike tag, OTC.

youth waterfowl hunts

youth upland hunts.

youth turkey hunts, OTC.

fall turkeys hunts, OTC.

World doesn't always revolve around UT, but I guess you full well know how it all works.

Who said he was even talking about UT. A few people are impressed with your lip service, but that's about it...

wait. Aren’t you the azzhat who was posting about wanting private access to a turkey spot so your “kid” could kill a turkey? But failed to take them out on a youth hunt? Or failed to do the necessary scouting required to be success on a general hunt?

sounds like your sons lack of success on hunting and drawing tags is his dads fault. Not the state of Utah’s. You do know that there are plenty of units kids can draw with 0 points right? But I bet you’re putting him in for a unit that takes a couple points, then gets pizzed when they dont Draw with 0.

It’s clearly evident your kids lack of success is his dads fault. Not anyone else’s. If you spent half as much time scouting and researching draw odds for other units that will give him a deer tag with 0 points, as you do complaining or wanting free handouts on here, maybe your kid could actually go hunting for real instead of his dad being his limiting factor and all he can do is dream of all the hunts his dad wishes he could take his kid on.

World doesn't always revolve around UT, but I guess you full well know how it all works.

Who said he was even talking about UT. A few people are impressed with your lip service, but that's about it...
If you had read the other paragraph, I do talk about other states. But this clown is talking about UTAH general deer tags, so I kept it about UTAH in general with youth opportunities.

not too many guys seem very impressed with your comprehension abilities, but I wasn’t going to bring that up….

It sounds like he is already an avid hunter. Not drawing a tag the first year he applies may be good for him. It will get him ready for a life a disappointment in not drawing tags. Getting a deer tag today is more difficult than it was 20 years ago. 40 and 60 years ago it was even easier. 20 years from now it will be even more difficult to get a tag.

There are already plenty of opportunities for kids to hunt in multiple western states. If you really wanted to get him a mule deer tag this year, you could have but failed in proper planing. You can learn from this experience and get him a tag next year.

I didn't kill a deer my first few years of hunting as young teenager. It was probably the best thing for me. I'm much more of an avid hunter than 99% of the kids that shot a deer their first year hunting. Getting to pull the trigger on a deer when you turn 12 years old doesn't turn you into an avid hunter.

Telling all of us "My son has probably hunted more than most people on this site" but also complaining he didn't get a deer tag the first year he applied is just illogical.

Telling all of us "My son has probably hunted more than most people on this site" but also complaining he didn't get a deer tag the first year he applied is just illogical.

Think he's being facetious in reference to all the keyboard warriors around.

But then again, I can't comprehend anything so...

His son did his first duck last fall. No turkey though. They had to buy one at the local grocery store for thanksgiving. Sad.

My son is not legal age to hunt in our home state yet. But will have 2 mule deer hunts under his belt by the time he turns 12. Also he has Turkey, small game, Coyote, etc.

If it is really that important to you, then there are many options. I will agree, I wished more state would move hunting age to 10, as 12 is hard due to competing activities…

4 different states
Uh huh….. and I’m sure you researched all the draw odds ahead of time prior to the draw to figure out what your kids odds were, right? Just like how you did your research on the fall turkey tags BEFORE you bought the tag, then discovered they were only valid on private land for the region your permit was for? ?

I’ll stick to what I said earlier. You’re the reason your kid isn’t hunting. Not the state.

Uh huh….. and I’m sure you researched all the draw odds ahead of time prior to the draw to figure out what your kids odds were, right? Just like how you did your research on the fall turkey tags BEFORE you bought the tag, then discovered they were only valid on private land for the region your permit was for? ?

I’ll stick to what I said earlier. You’re the reason your kid isn’t hunting. Not the state.
?

July 8th the leftover tags go on sale. General archery tags in a lot of units. Look over the tags and pick one out. Hopefully you got him put in for a antlerless hunt ? Because the deadline has passed. Some great youth bird hunting also available. Take advantages of those. Generally dads can't hunt so you are just focusing on your youth hunter. Hopefully I spelled everything correctly for you ! :) My wife is a school teacher ! I get enough of that crap at home! ;-)

I had this same conversation with a guy at work the other day. His kid didn't get a Utah general deer tag. he was pissed and talked like it was the end of the world. I basically spoon fed him several options for his kid to hunt deer THIS year but he had several excuses as to why he couldn't make it happen.
Well, screw him. if he doesn't want to put forth a little effort I couldn't care less whether his kid hunts or not.

Lot's of options for kids in other states. Put your kids in the draws for Colorado, Idaho, or Wyoming. Better to have too many tags than not enough.

July 8th the leftover tags go on sale. General archery tags in a lot of units. Look over the tags and pick one out. Hopefully you got him put in for a antlerless hunt ? Because the deadline has passed. Some great youth bird hunting also available. Take advantages of those. Generally dads can't hunt so you are just focusing on your youth hunter. Hopefully I spelled everything correctly for you ! :) My wife is a school teacher ! I get enough of that crap at home! ;-)
Yeah I did put him in go antlerless
And we do bear, upland game and water fowl! I hunt certain units in several states and was hoping he could draw the same unit with me that’s my biggest complaint I drew in ut And we are doing the mentoring program for him my post is all about just getting the kids involved for the first year And it went a whole different direction with some macho men on here

Last edited:
I had this same conversation with a guy at work the other day. His kid didn't get a Utah general deer tag. he was pissed and talked like it was the end of the world. I basically spoon fed him several options for his kid to hunt deer THIS year but he had several excuses as to why he couldn't make it happen.
Well, screw him. if he doesn't want to put forth a little effort I couldn't care less whether his kid hunts or not.

Or maybe just venting some frustration of always having to be creative, knowing what the options are, when the neighbors kid down the street pulls tags every year?

I understand this frustration. We get to exercise the other options every year to get the kids out to hunt while the neighbors kid literally draws the tags you're not supposed to be able to draw. Every year. Without fail. No planning, no studying because these hunts have the worst "odds" of any.

Fortunately, there are other options out there. But, sometimes it's nice to have a hunt in the hopper to where you don't have to exhaust other resources to make it happen. These other resources are extra scouting time, travel time, the expense associated with it, etc. There are always other factors at play that may not enable the other options to just happen.

Until we trod a mile in someone else's shoes, we can't complain how the fit is. But then again, according to some, I can't comprehend anything so...

Or maybe just venting some frustration of always having to be creative, knowing what the options are, when the neighbors kid down the street pulls tags every year?

I understand this frustration. We get to exercise the other options every year to get the kids out to hunt while the neighbors kid literally draws the tags you're not supposed to be able to draw. Every year. Without fail. No planning, no studying because these hunts have the worst "odds" of any.

Fortunately, there are other options out there. But, sometimes it's nice to have a hunt in the hopper to where you don't have to exhaust other resources to make it happen. These other resources are extra scouting time, travel time, the expense associated with it, etc. There are always other factors at play that may not enable the other options to just happen.

Until we trod a mile in someone else's shoes, we can't complain how the fit is. But then again, according to some, I can't comprehend anything so..
I've "trod" plenty of miles in those shoes.
I've raised 3 children, youngest just turned 19, and have played the game of getting kids out hunting for a while now. I've scrimped and saved money so that we could have these hunting opportunities. My kids have hunted 3 different states. They've Killed, Elk, Deer, pronghorn, bear and many other small game and waterfowl.

It really all comes down to how much we want our kids to hunt. There are lots of youth tags out there. It's not my problem if the guy down the street doesn't want to put for the effort to get his kid those tags. I know I got my kids their share and more.

I've "trod" plenty of miles in those shoes.
I've raised 3 children, youngest just turned 19, and have played the game of getting kids out hunting for a while now. I've scrimped and saved money so that we could have these hunting opportunities. My kids have hunted 3 different states. They've Killed, Elk, Deer, pronghorn, bear and many other small game and waterfowl.

It really all comes down to how much we want our kids to hunt. There are lots of youth tags out there. It's not my problem if the guy down the street doesn't want to put for the effort to get his kid those tags. I know I got my kids their share and more.

Missing the point. Sometimes easier said than done and not everyone can make it happen. Two weeks of vacation per year doesn't go very far when you have to take additional days to scout and travel for an out of state hunt. Two weeks of vacation with a resident tag that allows for a weekend of hunting is what some people face.

You cannot compare your past with someone else's reality.

When you "trod" in those shoes, did you give up hunting yourself to make it happen, or did you go on your own as well? Just asking...

Missing the point. Sometimes easier said than done and not everyone can make it happen. Two weeks of vacation per year doesn't go very far when you have to take additional days to scout and travel for an out of state hunt. Two weeks of vacation with a resident tag that allows for a weekend of hunting is what some people face.

When you "trod" in those shoes, did you give up hunting yourself to make it happen, or did you go on your own as well? Just asking...
It depends. sometimes we all had tags and sometimes I would just get my kids tags. Just depends on who drew the tags.

One for instance is Wyoming pronghorn tags. Each of my kids killed 3 bucks and numerous does in Wyoming before they turned 18. The tags are cheap and easy to fill. A guy doesn't need to pre-scout, take weeks of vacation or spend a bunch of money. The truck was loaded and ready to go when the kids got home from school Thursday afternoon. We would take off and get to our unit about 11pm. sleep on cots by the truck and be ready to go Friday morning. we could easily be on our way home Sunday evening if not sooner.

It depends. sometimes we all had tags and sometimes I would just get my kids tags. Just depends on who drew the tags.

One for instance is Wyoming pronghorn tags. Each of my kids killed 3 bucks and numerous does in Wyoming before they turned 18. The tags are cheap and easy to fill. A guy doesn't need to pre-scout, take weeks of vacation or spend a bunch of money. The truck was loaded and ready to go when the kids got home from school Thursday afternoon. We would take off and get to our unit about 11pm. sleep on cots by the truck and be ready to go Friday morning. we could easily be on our way home Sunday evening if not sooner.

I agree, a guy doesn't need to pre-scout in WY to kill an antelope.

Hunting is maintained by grey hairs to support grey hairs.

I'm 47.

At 14 in Utah I got a statewide, 3 weapon deer tags by going with my dad to Sunset Sports Thursday before the opener.

I got an open bull tag, from the same Sunset Sports.

There was no points scheme. And when it did start, a guy could put in for all species, across the board.

There were few if any outfitters locking up corn fields, wetlands or MTN ground. Weren't CWMU either.

You generally bought a Lions club or other fundraiser pass that allowed you to hunt pheasants anywhere with that color sign.

You accessed said property by riding your bike through town with your shotgun, or by having it in your back window at school.

I now have a son.

47% success rate for Manti rifle tag.
3% for an elk tag same unit.

He will never draw the sheep he applied for.

Pheasant hunting is dead. Any field a goose would look at is locked up to guides. Most of Northern Utah is CWMU.

Let's not even mention the current zero .22 or .410 so IF a kid could plink, he can't.

So we say "end points, make it equal across the board", and the grey hairs squeal

Guarantee a kid a tag, the grey hairs squeal.

Those same grey hairs would NEVER have hung around 3years at the start hoping for a tag.

I live in northern utah and I sure miss pheasant hunting, shoot I have to take a pic of them when I see them they are so rare ?

C4F170D8-C12E-4AFF-B89E-9C5F5DD8BD8F.jpeg

The personal attacks on here are sad. Just articulate your preference without a bunch exaggerations and overused buzzwords.

In some regards kids have more opportunities. For decades the magic age was 16, but once you got there you could buy a tag over-the-counter and hunt anywhere. Getting permission to hunt was a piece of cake. If the land wasn't posted you didn't even need permission.

When I started, buck-to-doe ratios were dismal. See over 100 deer a day and be lucky to see a yearling buck. I see a lot more mature deer now. I can't stand the point game, but I like the higher buck to doe ratios.

I'm not concerned if my 12-yr-old will not draw a tag for another year or two, especially if it is a better quality hunt. My first hunt was at age 16. It took me two more years to kill my first buck. It was a spike, and I was thrilled. My kids didn't work very hard in hunter safety anyway.

Cry me a river. Make more money and work a job that gives you more time off. It’s not anyone’s fault but your own. There’s people that make excuses and people that get it done.

Youth seasons are just another way to advance the progress of making snowflakes. Nothing more! Participation trophies for all!

You two jokers really think I'm talking about myself. Now that's funny.
We know you’re not talking about yourself. But if you’re going to fabricate the sad story of a hard working guy that only has two weeks off a year we are going to call you out on it.

To the OP If you want your son to hunt the same tag you have isn’t there a landowner tag you can pick up for the area?

We know you’re not talking about yourself. But if you’re going to fabricate the sad story of a hard working guy that only has two weeks off a year we are going to call you out on it.

To the OP If you want your son to hunt the same tag you have isn’t there a landowner tag you can pick up for the area?
Sure can’t

Call me out on it? By the Bobbsey Twins?

?

Muleman, I feel for you and I admire you for wanting to give your son a good experience out of the gate. But, I don't think guaranteeing tags for youth is the answer if it means taking away opportunity from adults. As stated above, there are lots of ways to make it happen if you really want to.

I am pretty much in your same boat, but I figured out how to pick up tags (even non-resident youth tags are relatively cheap) while we waited a year or two to draw the regular general season tags.

I've made some awesome memories over the past few years and I think we've had some pretty good success. All of these deer were public land, DIY on general season or re-issued tags. It is possible.

The time I've been able to spend with my children passing along my love for the outdoors has been priceless.

Tom's First Deer - 2013.jpg

2015-10-21 08.17.36.jpg

2016-10-29 09.01.35.jpg

2018-09-28 15.02.02.jpg

2018-10-22 08.29.09.jpg

2018-10-22 13.19.14.jpg

2019-10-21 08.58.35.jpg

20191102_181633.jpg

2020-10-26 13.45.35.jpg

Sorry, your mom doesn’t have wifi at her house. And I’m not about to use my phone data when I’m there. Times are tough. It’s either gas money for scouting turkeys or Verizon wireless money. Can’t do both until uncle joe sends us some more stimmy checks.
If you were at a house with no wifi that sounds more like you were hanging out with muleman. And we don’t want to know what you both were doing with each other!!!

Yeah not many land owner tags available for the oquirrh stans unit… maybe you should just mentor your kid your tag and you both can enjoy the hunt? Or is this the part where you want to eat your cake and have it too?
Did you not read the post I am mentoring him this year!
mom jokes now huh wow !

Last edited:
Yeah I did put him in go antlerless
And we do bear, upland game and water fowl! I hunt certain units in several states and was hoping he could draw the same unit with me that’s my biggest complaint I drew in ut And we are doing the mentoring program for him my post is all about just getting the kids involved for the first year And it went a whole different direction with some macho men on here
Utah does a pretty good job for hunting opportunities for youth. I can’t compare it to other states due to my lack of experience or knowledge of other states. But Id say Utah keeps the youth and future sportsman in mind
A pointer I’d give for antlerless….make sure you are applying too. My son and I stagger our applications (odds) so at least one of us draws each year. (I should draw this year, my son should next year) A percentage of the tags is reserved for youth.
Always buy your kids points even if they aren’t planning on hunting.
General season elk tags go on sale OTC soon. (Any bull tags are limitless for youth)
I’ll finally be GS deer hunting with my son this fall. We also might be hunting doe pronghorn together in Utah as well.
When there’s a will, there’s a way.
Teach your kids the point game so they understand patience is needed.

Last edited:
Did you not read the post I am mentoring him this year!
mom jokes now huh wow !
Then what’s the problem? You feel entitled? Your kid gets to have a deer tag in his pocket. End of crisis.

this is a great learning experience for this generation. You don’t ALWAYS get your way, no matter how much your dad complains on the internet.

My little brother’s 15 and the only thing keeping him back from hunting more are his own grades. I put him in for everything and pay for all his tags, but he doesn’t get to hunt them unless he has his sh!t together. He’ll likely have 2 doe deer tags, a cow elk tag, a bull elk tag, and muzzleloader deer this year. Plenty of opportunities if you spend some time looking at draw odds and plan accordingly.

Muleman,

Sorry for the disrespect to your thread. The trolls on this site are toxic. I tend to troll the trolls. I guess that makes me a “Troll hunter”?
How is it a trolling? Guy got a dose of reality. He’s on here crying about a fabricated problem. If you’re crying that your kid doesn’t have the opportunity to hunt the problem is you and you alone.

when his son killed his first duck last fall we all said congrats. Doesn’t sound like trolling to me…

How is it a trolling? Guy got a dose of reality. He’s on here crying about a fabricated problem. If you’re crying that your kid doesn’t have the opportunity to hunt the problem is you and you alone.

when his son killed his first duck last fall we all said congrats. Doesn’t sound like trolling to me…
Just go away

And you’re on here crying about a guy you claim is crying. Musta had a Coors shortage up there in Alaska. Get some help man. Changing your name to SS! doesn’t hide the fact that you still need to attend your AA classes.

And you’re on here crying about a guy you claim is crying. Musta had a Coors shortage up there in Alaska. Get some help man. Changing your name to SS! doesn’t hide the fact that you still need to attend your AA classes.
And you're on here crying about a guy whos crying about a guy whos crying on the internet. So yeah...

OP got on here thinking he was going to rally the troops to support youth tags. He got shot down faster than bloodtracker asking his teacher to his HS prom...

And you're on here crying about a guy whos crying about a guy whos crying on the internet. So yeah...

OP got on here thinking he was going to rally the troops to support youth tags. He got shot down faster than bloodtracker asking his teacher to his HS prom...
Was just asking opinions that’s all you turned it into a pissing match !

? Thanks for the 3rd grade comeback. Your Laffy Taffy jokes are getting old. Try some “yo mamma” jokes next….that’s the next phase of intellect degression for you.

? Thanks for the 3rd grade comeback. Your Laffy Taffy jokes are getting old. Try some “yo mamma” jokes next….that’s the next phase of intellect degression for you.
I’m just proud you didn’t post the same elk pic again. Hopefully you get another elk this fall so we have a new pic to stare at!

I’m just proud you didn’t post the same elk pic again. Hopefully you get another elk this fall so we have a new pic to stare at!
You just made BLooDTraCKeR's point - again, but I actually like mama jokes as long as we all know that's where we are at, so I'm waiting for more.

My youngest got his hunter safety done at 11 to hunt ducks and rabbits. He was unsuccessful at the general deer draw 12, 14, and now 16. Didn't stop him. He hunted ducks and rabbits another year. Got his first deer at 13 and worked hard for it. Bought him a left over youth archery and he got his 2nd buck. Last year killed his 3rd buck with my muzzleloader. He's gone hunting with me since he could walk and he's a hunter for life.

He knows not drawing every year makes each hunt more special.

What state are you a resident in

My youngest got his hunter safety done at 11 to hunt ducks and rabbits. He was unsuccessful at the general deer draw 12, 14, and now 16. Didn't stop him. He hunted ducks and rabbits another year. Got his first deer at 13 and worked hard for it. Bought him a left over youth archery and he got his 2nd buck. Last year killed his 3rd buck with my muzzleloader. He's gone hunting with me since he could walk and he's a hunter for life.

He knows not drawing every year makes each hunt more special.
Did he draw a muzzleloader tag in 2020?

Last edited:
Utah has a great youth mentor program where you or any family members can mentor their tag. My 12 year old daughter did not draw anything last year so I mentored my LE antelope tag to her. Hunt of a lifetime!!
Other options are the OTC elk tags that go on sell in July any bull or spike only.
also youth archery deer tags available on most units as well

Utah has a great youth mentor program where you or any family members can mentor their tag. My 12 year old daughter did not draw anything last year so I mentored my LE antelope tag to her. Hunt of a lifetime!!
Other options are the OTC elk tags that go on sell in July any bull or spike only.
also youth archery deer tags available on most units as well
Oh don’t tell him that! He gets all kinds of burnt up about opportunities he doesn’t want to have his kid take advantage of

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom