Youth online account?

bobby7321

I am a little confused about how to enter my son in the draw orbuy his license to be exact. I believe a youth could not have a portal account in the past. From what I remember I just used his SSN/DOB to buy a license as well as enter the draw. This year, I can log in to the draw with his SSN so that seems OK. The problem comes up when I try to buy his license first, which requires the email/password login. Which we have not set up because it was not possible previously. He has a couple of points, so I don't want to create a new account for him. Maybe I am missing something obvious. Any advice is appreciated.

I was in the same boat with my 12 year old son and emailed Kristy Sanchez at [email protected]

She connected my son to my portal account as a dependent and gave him a new Dept ID. After doing that, I verified his previous points were present and then applied him for the draw with no issues.

I would recommend reaching out to Kristy via email to help you.

You can make him an account or connect his with yours under the manage your account, then SMS two factor authentication. I called about this the other day and that's what I was told. I created a new portal account and they combined all his old info into it. The SMS two factor authentication sounds like a security method but she said it was actually for adding youth accounts. The draw is identical to years past from what I'm hearing.

Kristy has added my two boys to my account. And now I can’t log in because it wants me to enter the two factor code.....that I don’t have....and no one seems to be able to figure out how to fix it after an hour on the phone.

I’m waiting for an email back today. Not blaming anyone but it really shouldn’t be this hard. The oldest just turned 12 and it took just minutes to add him as a partner for a Wyoming cow tag.

Kristy has added my two boys to my account. And now I can’t log in because it wants me to enter the two factor code.....that I don’t have....and no one seems to be able to figure out how to fix it after an hour on the phone.

I’m waiting for an email back today. Not blaming anyone but it really shouldn’t be this hard. The oldest just turned 12 and it took just minutes to add him as a partner for a Wyoming cow tag.
My two factor code sends to my cell phone # associated with my portal account. Do you have a cell phone tied to your account?

My two factor code sends to my cell phone # associated with my portal account. Do you have a cell phone tied to your account?

The lady I was on the phone with yesterday asked me the same thing. My number is correct. She asked me twice if I have a cell phone. ....... I’m not that tech savvy but pretty sure I know what a cell phone is ?

I should of specified, I didn't see any any elk or bull elk hunts for non residents youth. anterless only correct?

The lady I was on the phone with yesterday asked me the same thing. My number is correct. She asked me twice if I have a cell phone. ....... I’m not that tech savvy but pretty sure I know what a cell phone is ?
Bummer - not sure what to tell you there. Pretty bad planning for AZGFD to make this massive of a change right before the largest application period. It has been a cluster it seems.

If it was me, and I had kids, I'd just apply from the draw app link and not even bother with the portal. A portal account has never been a requirement. It's nothing but a dashboard to look at your info.

I am not sure about this, but I believe everyone needs a newly issued Department ID as part of this change process to apply going forward, so while youth aren't required to have a portal account, I believe there has to be some action taken by the applicant to get that new ID before applying. Am I off base on that?

I am not sure about this, but I believe everyone needs a newly issued Department ID as part of this change process to apply going forward, so while youth aren't required to have a portal account, I believe there has to be some action taken by the applicant to get that new ID before applying. Am I off base on that?
My old dept. Id is still my id, not a new one.

And If a new youth is being put in, the system should create an id for them.

Your ssn still works as a login for the application. I just checked although I do have a new id as well. Both will work.
Good to know thanks!! I know through this change process, I received a new Customer/Department ID that is different than my original ID, so I assumed you had to have that new ID to apply this year.

It's true that once you confirm the two-factor authorization you'll see the "add dependent" button at the bottom. ok... I tried that route and it couldn't find my son in the system (only used his SSN before... kept wanting the Dept ID which didn't exist or had no way of knowing it). If your dependent has never applied before, then you can do what you need to do right online... But my son has a couple of points so I had to end up calling in to have it done. I wasn't too confident during the process after the lady said in a low voice to herself "Oh.. I hope this works..." as she was typing away. Well, it ended up working out. I logged into my portal account and my son was listed under me, cool. BUT it was still not very smooth buying his license. I tried buying his license with his Dept ID that I could see now under his name... Didn't work. Had to end up using his SSN again to buy the license. lol. So back to the old way after all that?? Who was the mastermind behind this "update" to the system? It's still ass-backward. I'm sure they paid some firm a ton of money to reinvent the wheel when there are many other states that have this figured out long ago and could just use the same system. You would think the technology would cut down on the phone calls, nope... need to call in to get a live human to manually make it work.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom