Youth waders

Muleman1

Very Active Member
What’s the best bang for the buck on a pair of duck hunting waders for a 12 year old boy I have a younger son so he can pass them down when he’s done so want a quality pair

Consider a less expensive pair of waders from Sportman’s Wearhouse at that age they can grow out of them in a year. Same with hunting boots.

When it comes to waders I usually by Cabelas brand. They have pretty good waders and not to expensive. When it comes to youth I always by booted waders and not stocking due to water getting trapped in between the boot and the stocking waders which could make them cold. They don't build a variety of youth waders but if I could find some youth waders that were booted with good thinsulate and 5mm neoprene for a good price I would jump on it. Because if kids get cold your hunts done or they end up not wanting to go. I ruined my oldest daughter on this by taking her out in negative temperatures and not having the right gear for her. She will go when it is good weather but if its freezing she will stay home. My other daughters I spent more money on quality gear to make them comfortable and they will get in the truck every time no matter the weather. My younger daughters are not big enough yet to fit in ladies (which have more options) so they have the Cabelas kids 3mm neoprene with 600g thinsulate which are around $150. I did buy them some really nice thermals though to keep them warm. That is way more info than you asked for but maybe it will help someone else too.

When it comes to waders I usually by Cabelas brand. They have pretty good waders and not to expensive. When it comes to youth I always by booted waders and not stocking due to water getting trapped in between the boot and the stocking waders which could make them cold. They don't build a variety of youth waders but if I could find some youth waders that were booted with good thinsulate and 5mm neoprene for a good price I would jump on it. Because if kids get cold your hunts done or they end up not wanting to go. I ruined my oldest daughter on this by taking her out in negative temperatures and not having the right gear for her. She will go when it is good weather but if its freezing she will stay home. My other daughters I spent more money on quality gear to make them comfortable and they will get in the truck every time no matter the weather. My younger daughters are not big enough yet to fit in ladies (which have more options) so they have the Cabelas kids 3mm neoprene with 600g thinsulate which are around $150. I did buy them some really nice thermals though to keep them warm. That is way more info than you asked for but maybe it will help someone else too.
No great advise thank you so much I will go and look at cabelas

Muleman I have a pair of camo neoprene waders your son can have. I've had them for quite a while but upgraded recently. I can't tell you if they have any leaks since I haven't worn them in years, but if they do the neoprene is super easy to repair. PM me.

20200927_144641.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom