Yukon moose 2021

UtyoteKiller

I would really like to buy/get my dad a moose hunt in the Yukon in 2021. He has brought my brother and myself to Alaska to fish multiple times. I would like to repay it to him with a hunting trip with the chance at a big Yukon moose with his two sons by his side. He can hike short distances but due to his hard life in a steel mill a river hunt would favor him better than hiking every day. If you have any info or previous hunt expertise I would love to here from you. Thanks in advance.

I would target anywhere on the south slope of the brooks range as it's a little easier country vs the closer you get to fairbanks and south of there. There are multiple outfits that can do a drop float hunt out of fairbanks, I think there is one in coldfoot still. You'll probably have to book soon as most of them are a year out at least.

You'll have to arrange gear and find out weight restrictions for the charter in advance to keep from getting up-charged for too much stuff. Logistics of getting your gear up there vs renting is a pain. My advice, just rent it as you'll pay almost as much in shipping as you will the cost of the gear in some cases. 3 guys probably means 2 rafts for gear and enough to haul a moose. I love that style of hunt, but don't kid yourself it's demanding on the body. The chances of finding one on the river randomly are slim. Hiking up small channels or high points will increase your odds a lot.

tc

Just thought of someone that if conditions will permit does a very good job. I have hunted with him several times as well as my freinds. Northwest Big Game Outfitters-Atlin BC. Jack Goodwin.

Price can range from $12,000 up to $25,000. BUT also be aware that there may be significant expenses involved in Transporting, tips, return cost of getting meat home etc.. many outfitters will have arrangement made to donate some or all of your meat to locals

Price can range from $12,000 up to $25,000. BUT also be aware that there may be significant expenses involved in Transporting, tips, return cost of getting meat home etc.. many outfitters will have arrangement made to donate some or all of your meat to locals
I’ve seen prices to 28,000 on the peninsula

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom