Zeiss 4.5x14 44mm Conquest

acafton

I am looking at getting a Zeiss 4.5x14 44mm scope with the ZRF reticle. Does anyone have any experience with this scope or type of reticle? Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

AC

I recently bought the 6.5-20x50mm with the target turrets.It is just as clear as any other scope I have looked through.

beavis.gif

I have one of these scopes, but not with the reticle you mention. I really like the scope. I think it is a good value for the dollar and stacks up well with other euro glass. I think you'll be pleased with your purchase. Resolution is excellent.

I bought a zeiss 4.5-14 x 44mm Conquest this past summer for my weatherby ultralightweight and I love it. I compared it to the leupold VX-III, LPS as well as to the Burris Signatures and Black Diamonds. I thuoght it was the clearest of them all. If I would have had $300 more at the time I would have opted for the swarovski 4-12X50mm because it seemed just a bit clearer than the zeiss. I had it in a blizzard this past fall out west and it did not fog up, leak or anything....I even managed to drop it right on the scope and it nothing happened to it. I shot my 10 pointer at 280 yards in a blizzard and Im glad I paid the extra money for the zeiss! What kind of rifle are you putting it on? If you are putting it on a lightweight gun, I would suggest talley one piece aircraft aluminum rings... they are great and they make them to fit virtually all gun manufactureres as well as most models. Good Luck!

FullCurl, it is to put on a 7mm Rem Mag. I have looked at the Swarovski too, I just don't like how high on the gun the 50mm scopes are. I appreciate the good info.

I have the scope, but with a different reticle. I shopped scopes pretty hard before deciding on the Zeiss---no regrets. Great scope.

I understand your view on the big objective scopes sitting so high with the medium to high rings that one must select for clearance issues. That is why I am a big fan of the talley one piece rings. The zeiss is a 44mm objective yet I was able to use their low mounts and they fit perfectly and there is still adequate clearance between the barrel and the scope bell. It even called for low rings with a heavy barreled accumark! I would defenitely look into the talley one piece aircraft aluminum mounts...they are adequately priced as well! My dad just picked some up for his remington 700 vs and loves them. I really think you will like the zeiss though...good luck

I think Zeiss in general is a poor choice of scopes. The new Bushnell with the waterproofing is top notch. Steer away from those non-american type scopes. They don't perform well in an American type environment/climate. Worst case scenario check out the leopolds. My top choices: Bushnell and a close second Tasco.

T

For setting low on the rifle and having a large objective (50 - 56MM) Leupold has the VX-L Great looking scope, great selection of reticles and awsome warranty and customer service.

Dean

I wasn't sauced up that much!!! See the problem with the zeisster and swavarosky's is that it is a foreign plot. They sale us coke bottle glass and pretend to treat it with minerals that make it more clear. Glass is glass, just like them diamond salesmen, Always telling us that the diamond is more clear so it costs more, hell you can only tell under a microscope. Tasco and Bushnell was made for the west by folks who come from the west. If we were hunting in europe then maybe the ziess and swavors would make sense, but not here in the USA.

T

One of my scopes is the 3.5-10x44 with turrets and ZRF reticle.
Although there are no heavy sections on the vertical posts, I do not have a hard time picking out the crosshairs. The horizontal hairs have thick sections, appearing thicker than Leupolds plex. I'd rather use a rangefinder to get yardage, as opposed to using the ZRF numbered hairs. The 4.5-14x50 Conquest comes with turrets and regular Z-plex. IMO, Conquests are sharper than the Leupold VX-III.

RR

I currently have the scope on my 7mm WSM. The reticle however is a Mil dot. I like it, optics are clear even in low light conditions not bad for a 44mm objective. Also low mounting give better contact of the check weld.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom