Zeiss Conquest V6 and V4

Elkhunter96

Very Active Member
Just curious, anyone running with the new V6 scopes or even the new V4 for long range shooting and hunting. Spent some time looking through them at the Expo and their resolution and eye relieve was impressive to say the least, especially the V6.

If anyone has ran one, how has the turret tracking been?

Just remember the V6 is German glass, the V4 Japanese glass...tracking like all Zeiss should be excellent.

I bought a V6 this spring and love it. I'm an optics snob to some degree in that I favor Leica, Zeiss and Swarovski but am not brand loyal. I have a Swarovski Z5 on a different rifle with an adjustable turret but I think the V6 Zeiss is a much better scope. I looked at the Swarovski X5 but for the weight/money....it would have been a foolish decision (for what I wanted).

I'm very impressed with how the scope tracks and the clicks in the turrets are crisp. Focuses really easy and is very bright. The glass is as good as the X5 Swarovski in my opinion. I went with the 3-18 instead of the 5-30. I just don't have a use for a 30 power scope.

I think it's the best scope made less than $2,000.

I have both the V4 and the V6 models. The V6 is a upgrade for sure over the V4. The V4 is a incredible scope for the money. The V6 is not that far off from my Diavari models. The fully German made V6 is IMO the best scope under $2000.00 Tracking on both models are spot on. Zero stop on both are not only easy to adjust but are simple to use. Glass is better on the V6. I put the V6 on par with the NXS Nightforce as far as internal reliability and function but with better glass. If you can flip for the V6 you wont be disappointed. Zeiss finally went after the western hunter market and they hit a home run.
Hunterturbo

I'm running the V4 4x16x44 on my 280 Ackley, hunted with it a tye entire 2018 season. Tracks great, zero stop great, side focus is nice and glass is very good for the money. Better than my Vortex hs/lr, and about the same as my Leupold VX3i. It's a little long and a touch heavy, but seems fine. Also the eye relief is fine, but doesn't seem quiet as good as the Leupold.
I've been using Leupold for 35 plus years, and I seem to have faster target acquisition with them. With that said, the V4 is just fine, I'm considering buying another one.
Kenton Industries will cut you a custom Turret if you plan on using specific load data.
Good luck.

I have a v4 and cannot say enough good things about it. Great tracking and optics. Only scopes I will buy. You won't be disappointed.

I have one of each. Havent mounted my V6 yet but did put the V4 on my 280 Ackley. It's a 6-24x50 and so far I really like it. Custom turret from Kenton and shoots well.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom